Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

August 27th, 2020 - Development Update

1 minute ago, OHN767 said:

Wow that was a sad patch, how many is left to patch the game 5 people or so, this is a scandal.

Thank you for quoting the entire OP for your valuable, insightful and nuanced feedback.

• Upvote 3

I get that people are antsy to see fixes and updates for the aircraft and whatnot, but... it's been 9 days, folks.  During a time when they are likely all working from home.

Give them a chance to put out the major fires preventing people from even being able to install the sim they bought, and then we can move on to hopefully tweaking flight models, fixing weird behaviour, and so on.  This is the beginning of a long road.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, OHN767 said:

Wow that was a sad patch, how many is left to patch the game 5 people or so, this is a scandal.

I suggest you remove the entire update from your quote else a certain moderator will come for you. 😉

17 minutes ago, maniamcool said:

The issues mentioned in the patch log should have been fixed with a day 1 update. 

If it takes 2 word weeks to fix download issues, God knows how long it'll take Asobo to fix the real issues plaguing the sim 

Flight model, stutters, missing airports, broken mesh... The list goes on 

Seems like FS2020 is truly dead on arrival with little support in the future. 

Username does not check out.

• Like 7

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Just now, Scottoest said:

I get that people are antsy to see fixes and updates for the aircraft and whatnot, but... it's been 9 days, folks.  During a time when they are likely all working from home.

Give them a chance to put out the major fires preventing people from even being able to install the sim they bought, and then we can move on to hopefully tweaking flight models, fixing weird behaviour, and so on.  This is the beginning of a long road.

Something with such importance to flight such as wind in real weather, should have been fixed either before release of a flight simulator or immediately after. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, MagentaChild said:

Thank you for quoting the entire OP for your valuable, insightful and nuanced feedback.

Your welcome

1 minute ago, MagentaChild said:

I just removed the linked post. 👍

• Like 3

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 minutes ago, OHN767 said:

Completely unnecessary to quote the entire word not allowed post. Good grief dude. 

You're getting a patch within 2 weeks of release when it takes other flightsim weeks. Hardly a scandal.

Tell us all, what did YOU specifically want patched?

• Like 1

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Just now, Scottoest said:

its beyound me some people need a life.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scottoest said:

Honestly most of this should have been hotfixed in the first 72hrs. There is no excuse for keeping people from installing the game for 3 weeks.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

I don't doubt that a portion of the effort at Asobo is now focused on the XBox version, but I don't believe for a second that the entire team has just massively swung away from any work on the PC version.

There will be too much underlying code in common, for one thing. Developers also work in different specialized teams. The person working on turbulence modeling or weather injection isn't going to be the same person needed for Xbox graphics integration, just to take one example. 

I think this as well, because at the end of the day the PC version has to be a success if the Xbox version is to be successful as well, they will mutually benefit each other going forward.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

1 minute ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

I suggest you remove the entire update from your quote else a certain moderator will come for you. 😉

Too late!   🙂 

• Like 2

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Simconnect fix is great, but where is the LIVE WEATHER FIX? They haven’t even acknowledged that it’s an issue, and it’s the largest issue of all.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Just now, vgbaron said:

Too late!   🙂 

Aw. I like his furious responses in the edit notes whenever this happens.

So if anyone has done professional software development, there are teams assigned to specific parts of the game.  I recall Asobo mentioning they have a team dedicated to autopilot.  There is probably a team that is designated to X-box compatibility and X-box release.  So the X-box release of this game won’t impact continued development of autopilot, planes, weather, etc.

Having said that, they may have a general testing team.  If they have a general testing team, that team has been diverted to testing the installation fixes over the last week.  So it would explain why the other fixes aren’t ready for release yet- because they haven’t gone through strenuous  testing.  The other explanation is, Asobo doesn’t see the other fixes as high as a priority so perhaps they want to give more time to develop & test those fixes and get it right before they release the fix - in which case, they are right because installation fixes are the highest priority and they have to deploy the installation fixes ASAP.

TLDR: Fixes for other aspects of the game will come during the next 3 months.  But it will be done on a priority basis and the priority right now are people who can’t even install the game.

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM