Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

August 27th, 2020 - Development Update

I just wanted to see something like - "Servers fixed, All those waiting to complete download can now do so" Due to all the restarted downloads uninstalls and re-installs I've got 164 flight time hours logged in Steam. Yes, I agree, I'm a "donkey".

• Upvote 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

The comments about the wind make me smile.  In FSX, we endured years of clouds popping out of thin air and wind shifts that could make aircraft fall out of the sky.  Who would have guessed that a bit of calm wind would signal the end of the world 🙂.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I'm very pleased with the announced focus of this update as it is an admission that they really dropped the ball in not giving the installation bugs enough attention in the alpha and beta. They've been very, "Hey man, let's be cool and help each other out," in the forums, but I bet there have been some intense conversations in the last week both at MS and between MS and Valve that sorta went like, "What the heck!?"

I was amused by the burn-through of the corporate-speak. They've been all very fuzzy and we luv ya in the community for the past year, but this week, the sim is now, "the title." I guess the robots are back in charge.

Edited by hypercide
Parental controls

6 minutes ago, hypercide said:

I was amused by the burn-through of the corporate-speak. They've been all very fuzzy and we luv ya in the community for the past year, but this week, the sim is now, "the title." I guess the robots are back in charge.

Head scratcher isn't it?
Thought about that too. Perhaps they didn't want people pointing out to them that this is a Simulator.

Edited by RamonB
  • Like 2

lol

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

12 minutes ago, MadDog said:

The comments about the wind make me smile.  In FSX, we endured years of clouds popping out of thin air and wind shifts that could make aircraft fall out of the sky.  Who would have guessed that a bit of calm wind would signal the end of the world 🙂.

Yeah you’re right.. I remember nearly stalling over the Atlantic in a PMDG bird because of wind shifts. I guess I’ll take calm winds over that for now.

Edited by Azapata87
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, hypercide said:

This is the reach of all reaches, and not even supported by the other text surrounding it.  Patch notes being overly formal is not atypical at all.

Man alive this forum sometimes.

• Like 1

Just now, Azapata87 said:

Yeah your right.. I remember nearly stalling over the Atlantic in a PMDG bird because of wind shifts. I guess I’ll take calm winds over that for now.

Or people could just... set their own weather? lol

3 hours ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

They fixed simconnect, and that makes me a happy camper. I haven't been able to fly on vatsim or use my logitech panels, and I'm eager to get them into my new sim 🙂

Cool since I found a drop in frame rate when using the Little Navemap map.

Well at least we get simconnect without stutters !

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

2 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

You guys think devs have no life and should work 24/7? 

Actually, yeah.  The saddest part is, that is probably exactly what is happening.  Install issues cause a development team to go into overdrive.  I doubt anyone is getting as much as 6 hours of sleep a night.

I wish Asoso all the best in this tough time.

Hook

• Like 4

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Game is working for a lot of people, it's in a playable state , They feel so confident in this product that they allowed us to play it now vs keeping us waiting 4 or 6 months. This team is backed by more money than any other FS  in history. This Team is using technology that has never been used before. Yes FSX is going to die. Yes other sims are going to hurt because MSFS 2020 is going to change the way we all fly. If you want to really help , promote the positives , because we are only on day 8 of release.  Hold on boys we in for a wild ride.......

As far as information lol , go join the Q@A go read what they have already answered , this team is more plugged in , sharing information than  any other FS.. They on the ball and way ahead of anyone in these forums

Edited by SirDan
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, LHookins said:

Actually, yeah.  The saddest part is, that is probably exactly what is happening.  Install issues cause a development team to go into overdrive.  I doubt anyone is getting as much as 6 hours of sleep a night.

I wish Asoso all the best in this tough time.

Hook

We need to send Asobo developers pizzas with fortune cookie in the box. Inside each fortune cookie little slip with description of a bug! 🙂

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Just got done enjoying a nice flight over Ireland, very relaxing and enjoyable. What's all the hubbub? I could hear gnashing of teeth, but I thought it might be my dog with her chew toy.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1