Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

August 27th, 2020 - Development Update

14 hours ago, kaosfere said:

If you've looked at reddit over the past week, for example, its been full of folks sharing fun content and the joy they've had playing with the new sim.   Here, though, has been page after page after page of people wanting to take Asobo to The Hague because their favorite feature isn't working right.

Ha ha I had to laugh at this - it is valid in some ways, but also it is like comparing a DIY men's shed to Engineering School.

A.Chryss - near YSCB

1. ASUS ROG STRIX X299 i9-7900X (delid - 4.9Ghz All Cores), EK 420x45 RAD, D5 Pump, EK monoblok, 32GBs GSkill 3600MHz ram 1T, Gig Aorus GTX1080Ti (2075Mhz), SSung 970 Evo 2TB & 1Tb & 960Evo 500GB NVMe, 2xSSDs. XBox controller for camera views. - Flight sims

2. ASUS ROG STRIX X570 Ryzen 3900X - 4.3Ghz (12 cores) Corsair H115i, Gig 2080Ti OC, 32MHz ram 2x 970EVO 1TBNVME  3x ssd etc.  P3D v4.5 & v5, XP11 & DCS. 43"-4k + 27"-2k monitors & tablets. Warthog controllers, Honeycomb Yoke, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, TrackIR . - Games server

A very interesting interview. Thanks for posting it!

Apart from the things that have already been mentioned I think the following question is quite interesting as well (paraphrased):

Q: Can the community help improve the world?

A: Yes, but I can’t say much about it at the moment. I want to do this in a structured way. I have an idea about how we can build the world together and I hope I can finally talk about it in a month or two.

Sounds gateway-ish to me. Would be great.

• Upvote 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

5 hours ago, JNS said:

It seemed to me that most people thought this sim wouldn't be released until the end of the year anyway.  I don't understand the big deal.

I don't understand why people are so willing to basically have a large organization steal from them. "$120 for a game/sim that half of its features are ready and the other half aren't completely implemented or don't work properly? Ahhh no big deal!" 

If it shouldn't have been released for another 6 months, then it shouldn't have been released, and if it did they should have released it in early access like the rest of the industry. At least then you go in knowing that there will be plenty of unfinished features. 

I am not trying to persuade anyone not to own the game, I own it, I enjoy the features that are there and am reasonably happy with my purchase BUT  if others aren't I completely understand and I do not blame them what-so-ever.

• Like 1

Tyson Rose

22 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

I'm wondering if right now people would prefer if they pushed their resources into improving the airliners, which are most definitely going to be replaced with add-ons for those who need study-level aircraft, or into further improving the GA aircraft that are already so close to payware quality. 

I don't care how "study level" the default aircraft are but what I do care about is the features they implemented actually work. I'd rather the Airbus not even come with functional MFD's than have an MFD that doesn't even work. I was fine back in FSX of just using the G500 in every plane, at least then the direct to worked. Having lower simmed avionics was really good for new people, it helped me even learn what an approach is whereas trying to learn complicated MFD's for a new player can be daunting by itself and you spend 3 hours of your simming evening just learning how to enter a FPLN. 

But for the love of God, make the avionics that you do put in work properly. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Tyson Rose

38 minutes ago, snwboardn said:

I don't understand why people are so willing to basically have a large organization steal from them. "$120 for a game/sim that half of its features are ready and the other half aren't completely implemented or don't work properly? Ahhh no big deal!" 

If it shouldn't have been released for another 6 months, then it shouldn't have been released, and if it did they should have released it in early access like the rest of the industry. At least then you go in knowing that there will be plenty of unfinished features. 

I am not trying to persuade anyone not to own the game, I own it, I enjoy the features that are there and am reasonably happy with my purchase BUT  if others aren't I completely understand and I do not blame them what-so-ever.

But..... Now it's out, Devs can start work, IF the SDK is decent. Not sure it is from what I've heard TBH 🥴🥴🥴

14 hours ago, PurdueKev said:

I'm shocked, shocked that there is idle and completely uninformed speculation on an internet forum...

And how do you make YouTube translate work ?

Apparently, I asked one guy if his auntie had a goat ?

🥴🥴🥴

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, snwboardn said:

"Steal from them"? That's much more than hyperbole, it is actually approaching libel per se. It is most certainly not a case of theft! When I bought MSFS Premium Deluxe I did so with my eyes wide open and fully realized that it could not possibly be the final product.

I prefer to think it's as if I've entered a contract with a reputable builder for a new house. While I have a bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and living room in which to live, they continue to work on the house finishing off the remaining bits over time, while saving me a lot of money by not having to rent a place in which to live...

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

3 hours ago, n4gix said:

I prefer to think it's as if I've entered a contract with a reputable builder for a new house. While I have a bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and living room in which to live, they continue to work on the house finishing off the remaining bits over time, while saving me a lot of money by not having to rent a place in which to live...

I think that is a fair way to look at it provided the builder gives you an idea what to expect ahead of time, e.g., "Ah, very sorry Mr Bill, but no hot water for two months"!   😉   In this case, everything was presented as a rosy "picture", and as a result we saw lots of posts along the lines of "Finally, a sim I can just load up and fly, no tweaking needed, no addons needed, no ... etc."  So I don't find it surprising some are disappointed or even a little angry at this point.

Al

Edited by ark

45 minutes ago, ark said:

I think that is a fair way to look at it provided the builder gives you an idea what to expect ahead of time

Or the builder says, "Hey, for $1 go ahead and live here for a month and see what you think." Or the builder also sells to many other people who will offer up opinions, reviews, videos, etc. detailing the ins and outs of the house.

I'm totally fine w/ people being underwhelmed or disappointed with the product, but the narrative that MS is taking people for a ride is really quite annoying (not picking you out here, just in general). Customers have plenty of agency in this matter.

• Like 3

I'm just naturally inclined to explore and find the things I like, and not spend much -- if any -- time finding faults.

All in all I like even ugly people with terrific personalities to those with perfect and lovely external features with an abrasive, self-important and disgusting personality... 😉

• Like 2

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

After awhile, I have found workarounds for the shortcomings and enjoy the scenery flying in FSEconomy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/30/2020 at 2:54 AM, SlowFlyer said:

I know they had (have) 200 people working on MSFS, I wonder when they will start to scale back that number?

There's no way they have 200 people working full time on MSFS (I very much doubt they ever did anyway)....  I reckon there's no more than 10 to 20 people working on MSFS full time now.

Edited by MatthewS

Matthew S

On 8/29/2020 at 2:23 PM, kaosfere said:

If you've looked at reddit over the past week, for example, its been full of folks sharing fun content and the joy they've had playing with the new sim.   Here, though, has been page after page after page of people wanting to take Asobo to The Hague because their favorite feature isn't working right.

See, that's the difference between amateur complaining and the professional complaining you find here. 😁

• Like 4

Eric 

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

See, that's the difference between amateur complaining and the professional complaining you find here. 😁

Darn them and their fun!  They should be upset at this whole thing!

• Like 2

On 8/29/2020 at 6:28 PM, PurdueKev said:

I'm shocked, shocked that there is idle and completely uninformed speculation on an internet forum...

Yea of little faith.

Cheers

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER