Sign in to follow this  
pevides1

Let me tell you how bad optimized is Flight Simulator 2020

Must be my 30th deja vu today. Is there something in this bucket list that haven't been circulated by endless threads already? This forum could do with venting and moaning section to keep actual and objective discussions visible.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pevides1 said:

Thank you but it was solved with a private game patch made by a user on this forum.

Can I share it here publicly or is against this forum terms?

Share it if it can help others

• Upvote 1

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

4 hours ago, pevides1 said:

Thank you but it was solved with a private game patch made by a user on this forum.

Can I share it here publicly or is against this forum terms?

You could always ask them? But if it seems to be such a magic bullet, why are they keeping it hidden?

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, pevides1 said:

I7 3.8GHz, GTX 1070, 16gb ram, SSD

With that spec (aside from perhaps upping the RAM to 32GB) you should have no problems running the sim at high settings.

The general health of your system might need looking at.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Looking at it through the developer FPS counter, the problems really kick in when coherentGTdraw goes haywire. This is an issue that appears with glass cockpit displays within the sim, and diving deeper leads you to the Coherent labs website, apparently a company that lets you "Create stunning and high-performance game user interface based on the modern web technologies – HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript."

https://coherent-labs.com/

Judging by the current fps issues, either Asobos implementation, or coherent labs solution, might suck some serious donkey butt.

This! After extensive testing flying the same track across Manhattan in the TBM, I was getting heavy stuttering from inside the cockpit in exactly the same locations on every pass. The overall framerate is fine (Locked at 30 with RTSS) and it pretty smooth in between. Turning off all AI and other live stuff including road traffic, airport ground vehicles, boats, live weather, etc and setting everything to LOW, I STILL get the same stutters and pauses in the exact same locations on each flyover. None of my CPU cores, GPU and system ram are anywhere near maxed when these stutters occur. In any aircraft without the Garmin PFD's the stutters are not there. I definitely think it is caused by the coherentGTdraw and the developer FPS counter points to that too.

Hopefully, this method of creating the glass cockpits can be better optimized, or addon developers take a different approach that does not rely on the coherentGTdraw system.

My system is not new - I7 4770K@4.2 GHZ, 16GB DDR3 Ram at 2800MHZ and GTX1070TI, but as I said, the FPS are not an issue at 1080P. Its just in certain locations the stuttering is bad when in glass cockpits regardless of settings. 

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2