Sign in to follow this  
Schorle

Big FPS boost on my system doing this

36 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

So having 50HZ(60FPS LIMIT IN MSFS) and NCP set at 25FPS what would be a good value ?

Thanks

Michael Moe

As omarsmak suggested, I would try with 2.5 first, then either change to 2 or 3 as to your liking.  It will be trial and error on different systems, but it is easy to do.  Even 2 should give you a good boost and might be the best for 50/25 Hz, but it depends on what looks good to your eye.

With things like this, I save my changes and just leave it open in notepad in the background until I am happy with the setting.

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Sorry to be dense, what would i use for a 144Hz monitor then?

Cheers

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

14 minutes ago, vonduck said:

Cheers

I'm using 3 which equals 48Hz (144/3=48). Working great for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colonel X said:

I am very positive it's Hz. I run 60Hz and the modulator is set to 3 - the displays update at 20FPS (I can tell). If it was FPS, it would be updating 10 times a sec and be extremely choppy.

OK i will forget all about the other post and since I run 120hz i shall try /4 as refreshing 30 FPS should be fine for displays.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

better than changing is downloading a file and put it in Community, so when update comes you dont have to re-do it. The author posted a zip

Think that with an online sim there will be many patches a year, so it saves work. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, kapitan said:

better than changing is downloading a file and put it in Community, so when update comes you dont have to re-do it. The author posted a zip

Think that with an online sim there will be many patches a year, so it saves work. 

Could you link the zip please.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Never would have guessed that the FPS strain in the airlines was due to updating the screens of all things.  I asumed it was just due to the immense detail of the cockpit.

1 hour ago, vonduck said:

Cheers

Not sure if this relates to generated frames or actual displayed frames, but either way is seems to make a worthwhile difference.  Best to just try a 2, 3, or 4 value and see how it goes, as everyone's tolerance to stutter is different.

Putting it in the community folder is the best way to overcome any update issues as noted by Kapitan. 👍

Edited by bobcat999

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

48 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Putting it in the community folder is the best way to overcome any update issues

Can this be done? I've applied this tweak but I'd be a lot more comfortable overriding the original using the Community folder then altering the original.

• Like 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

12 minutes ago, odourboy said:

Can this be done? I've applied this tweak but I'd be a lot more comfortable overriding the original using the Community folder then altering the original.

Yes.  Just put the original back to how it was, or restore your back-up (you did make a backup didn't you? :blink:) .

Then drag the file from the pre-edited zip into the community folder. I believe the exact path/folder structure must be preserved however. 👍

For clarity, whatever the path/folder structure is in the official folder, this has to be duplicated in the community folder for it to successfully replace the original settings. It simply overrides the original file then without deleting it. A good system!

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

personally, I would rather have smoother instruments. In low FPS situations, with the default config, the instruments still move in very fluid fashion. If you want about 5 FPS, disable the VFR map. That really does eat up about 5 FPS even if its not open. Get rid of that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scottoest said:

Never would have guessed that the FPS strain in the airlines was due to updating the screens of all things.  I asumed it was just due to the immense detail of the cockpit.

Hey Scott,

Since the beginning of 3d cockpits in FS, this has been such a problem with the glass PFDs, MFDs, etc that many 3rd party devs who make airliners have dedicated settings to limit the FPS of the screens...with them placed either in the main FS menu, or an option on an FMS page.

Its a good thing MS/AS actually have a setting to adjust this....although you do have to jump thru hoops to get to it (for now).   Thinking someone's going to make a UI mod to adjust this in-game, or MS/AS will just fix it in the next patch.

• Upvote 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 hour ago, Scottoest said:

It's been a thing for year. PMDG in there FMS have option to turn FPS down on displays and so does the FSL. 🙂

39 minutes ago, atlflyer said:

personally, I would rather have smoother instruments. In low FPS situations, with the default config, the instruments still move in very fluid fashion. If you want about 5 FPS, disable the VFR map. That really does eat up about 5 FPS even if its not open. Get rid of that. 

Really! never know that trick will disable it, thank you. Were in option is that to disable it?

Edited by Nyxx