Sign in to follow this  
Virtual Flight Realm

Dont garbage your Prepar3D too soon !

8 hours ago, Virtual Flight Realm said:

And Now the revenge 😉 

WOW!!!

Those "God Rays" sure do look amazing!!!!

Chris Camp

On 8/28/2020 at 6:08 AM, Virtual Flight Realm said:

Have a nice flight. 

https://youtu.be/mYMEbTLwok4

This vid is very misleading to say the least, and seriously downplays the visual capabilities of MSFS.

The YT channel has mostly P3D vids, and gives a clear view into the biased vid posted by the OP.

More telling, is that the channel barely gets 1k views per P3D video....and there are MSFS vids with over 100k views that truly show MSFSs capabilities.

On 8/28/2020 at 9:32 AM, CaptKornDog said:

Never understood why it HAS to be one sim or the other.  Both, or all, can coexist on someone’s machine.

They can, but a budget minded person may not think that multiple flight sims (and hundreds of dollars in addons) makes much sense.

And this is where MSFS shines above all the rest. For basically $100, a person can get MSFS and not have to pay over $500 in addon "make up" for P3D and XP that still doesn't come close to the "natural beauty" of MSFS.

MSFS is the sim is the future, it is not about who goes back to P3D / XP, it is about who (new) is coming into the flight sim genre, and MSFS is positioned to take the lead on new sales, and 3P Dev investment will follow that lead.

Hi,

after a disappointing weekend with MSFS I am happy back tor P3DV4, with my PMDG & FSLab Aircrafts, my 100 Airports and ORBX Senerys and 0 data traffic.

Everything works fine in P3D, nothing works for me in MSFS!

I don't wont to pay again for alle the aircrafts and airports again in MSFS.

So I hope that the developer will continue their support for P3D, because MSFS is a nice looking toy 

but P3D is a serious tool.

• Like 1

Still got my P3Dv4.5 install beside MSFS. Still need to visit those study level aircraft sessions. Having said that, MSFS is marvellous - I've rediscovered VFR in amazing detail and immersion and redoing my PPL/CPL training solo x-country flights, that brings back a lot of memories. Once the study levels make the transition, MSFS will be a top platform for me.

• Like 2

regards, Andy

MSFS/P3Dv4.5/| i7 9700K @5.0 | ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F |32GB3200C16 | ASUS 2080Ti OC connected to 3 x LG 27" monitors 5780x1080 | EVO 970 2TB M2 for sim, EVO PLUS 970 500GB M2 for W10pro64bit | VirtualFly YOKO & TQ6 |  MFG crosswinds | T16000M |

36 minutes ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

My wallet disagrees.

+1

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

3 hours ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

My wallet disagrees.

Pmsl can't say I can agree with that for a second!

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

On 8/29/2020 at 12:22 PM, FlyBaby said:

And this is where MSFS shines above all the rest. For basically $100, a person can get MSFS and not have to pay over $500 in addon "make up" for P3D and XP that still doesn't come close to the "natural beauty" of MSFS.

MSFS is the sim is the future, it is not about who goes back to P3D / XP, it is about who (new) is coming into the flight sim genre, and MSFS is positioned to take the lead on new sales, and 3P Dev investment will follow that lead.

Spot on, IMO. P3D/XP are only going to lose customers from here on. 

MSFS2020 - Meet the new boss , same as the old boss

2003 and 2006 all over again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When we all get I9 20090  at 5.4 GHZ , a GTX SuperTitan 3080GTX with 32 GB or Vram , we can all fly our PMDG's and FSL's into KLAS at 30FPS steady.

We can dream ………. oh yes we can dream..... :)

P3D v4.5 ....

No need for MSFS till many bugs are fixed, features do work and it has an enhanced SDK :

• Like 2

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

9 minutes ago, GSalden said:

P3D v4.5 ....

No need for MSFS till many bugs are fixed, features do work and it has an enhanced SDK :

so jealous.  What a nice setup

• Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

45 minutes ago, GSalden said:

P3D v4.5 ....

If that was my setup I'd not be in a rush to change either!...

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

On 8/29/2020 at 8:34 AM, Manny said:

I am installing P3D v4.5 on my new PC that I built for MSFS2020.

I have a Q. I never bought P3D v5.0 Do I have to buy all my PMDG aircrafts for v5? Anyone?

Manny

No charge for the v5 upgrades. In fact, very few of my addons have charges for v4 to v5 migration. FSUIPC - yes, Justsim airports - yes ($5), but struggling to think of any others. So 95% of the addons that have been updated are free updates (and almost everything that you would want to use has now been updated).

• Like 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

I received an amusing email flyer from Captain Sim this morning..........

Good news for those who are back to P3D: the 767 Captain II version 1.0 is finally available at https://captainsim.net/

Maybe they are just waiting for the Microsoft Flight Simulator honeymoon to end? :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

3 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I received an amusing email flyer from Captain Sim this morning..........

Good news for those who are back to P3D: the 767 Captain II version 1.0 is finally available at https://captainsim.net/

Maybe they are just waiting for the Microsoft Flight Simulator honeymoon to end? :biggrin:

Well for some simmers the honeymoon has already ended based on some of the feedback I have read.

I got that flyer as well from CS today. Anyway, I see that CS has a generous discount on now. Its now down to an amazing price of just under $100 from the RRP of $135! 🤪

OK there's P3Dv5 compatibility now included but what else changed in this latest release? From what I can tell its still the same single -300ER variant with the PW engines. I wonder how long it will take to get the -200ER variant and the remaining RR and GE engines supported.

I think I will wait just a tad longer for one of their $10 sales to come around.

On a more positive note, I think I will head on over to the TFDI site and see if there's any development updates of the MD-11 they have on the drawing board.  I dont think that will be coming to MSFS any time soon or will likely be released later, so for me thats another reason to keep flying P3D. https://forums.tfdidesign.com/index.php?/blogs/entry/50-27july20-development-updates/

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!