Sign in to follow this  
EDDB2020

So many things are broken

While it really is fun to roam the world with this sim I'm not sure how many years it will take to repair all the small things that are broken.

Made a VFR trip from EGPN to EGNM with the C172 G1000, nice plane, AP, HDG, VS, NAV, APR modes working, performance seems to be OK.

But ...

• At EGPN most of the ramp positions are located inside the airport building and then you're stuck because the walls are solid. Finally found a ramp outside the building.
  • Also at EGPN: ground crew walking around 20 meters above ground.
  • The weather is loading only once at the beginning of the flight. Don't be curious while you fly - do not select a weather preset because then your live weather is gone forever until you restart the sim.
  • Blue atmosphere starts to kick in way to early, at 300 feet AGL everything is becoming bluish.
  • Very nice transition of the clouds and the haziness while descending (no bug here 😃)
  • Overexposed sky, clouds with crazy contrast values (I've already adjusted the gamma with the NVIDIA control center) 
  • Never more than 1 live traffic plane enroute. The Flightaware website showed about 20 flights at that time in the area. Also broken.
  • At EGNM lights without poles at the ramps.
  • What else might be broken

I filed a bug with Zendesk a few days ago about misaligned ILS but I'm already getting tired to file more bugs. Don't get me wrong, we all should try to help ASOBO, but from what I've seen today alone ... filing all these bugs will be a 9 to 5 job.

Just some thoughts, have a nice wwekend!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Intel Core i7-11700F, mainboard MSI MPG B560I GAMING EDGE WIFI (MS-7D19), 32 GB DDR4 SDRAM, RTX3070, no OC for CPU, RAM or GPU, XMP off. MS Store version, default installation path on a 1 TB NVMe 4x 8 GT/s

This must be your first time in a Day 10 release of new Flight Simulator ? Hold on my friend you in for a wild ride

• Like 5

File all issues through Zendesk please.

Regards

bs

• Like 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

Well thats what happens when you skip beta and release a game thats in alpha state, because thats what they did, very bad decision

Edited by OHN767
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 4

In a couple of months time, I hope we will all be saying "so many things are fixed" 

Day 10 guys and we pretty much all, know about the things that are broken (for now) Please submit your problems to Zendesk ... let them listen to the complaints and spare us the grief, which will give us more time to fly LOL Tongue in cheek there and I DO feel for the people who are suffering somewhat.

I love the basics, do not passionately love the default aircraft, and some of the non-handcrafted airports and sceneries feature generic airport buildings and local areas are wildly inaccurate. The biggest bug for me is no !*&^%#^ manual for anything ... that alone could put a stop to many issues.

Again ... Day 10 ... a little patience is required and there is still a hell of a lot to be enjoyed until the fixes arrive.

Tony

• Like 3

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Wait til they get the weather working.

In addition to all those problems, you'll have winds blowing you off course and off the runway.

• Like 1

I have flown a lot, and actually, the anomalies I see are minor and few. It's not the UK (funny enough, the most noticeable scenery error I had around Kirkwall), though. Austria and Germany seem to be very well generated. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EDDB2020 said:

Overexposed sky, clouds with crazy contrast values (I've already adjusted the gamma with the NVIDIA control center) 

I personally think they nailed the sky brightness.  Even in a car it can be difficult to see where your going depending on the weather.

I was landing at Elsree IRW and couldn't see a thing.  Haze, pollution and sun position meant the whole sky forward was intensely bright and even squinting didn't help.  Cloud tops can be very bright with detail hidden.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Considering this is a detailed simulation of the entire planet...it’s weather systems, atmosphere, vegetation , cities, airports, the list goes on,  and the aircraft that fly in it I’d say the list of broken things is actually minuscule.

• Like 5

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

13 hours ago, EDDB2020 said:

Overexposed sky, clouds with crazy contrast values (I've already adjusted the gamma with the NVIDIA control center) 

This can be fixed using NVIDIA Freestyle. Here's a shot. More info: 

Microsoft%20Flight%20Simulator%20Screens

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

50 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

This can be fixed using NVIDIA Freestyle. Here's a shot. More info: 

Microsoft%20Flight%20Simulator%20Screens

Thanks, I will check that.

Intel Core i7-11700F, mainboard MSI MPG B560I GAMING EDGE WIFI (MS-7D19), 32 GB DDR4 SDRAM, RTX3070, no OC for CPU, RAM or GPU, XMP off. MS Store version, default installation path on a 1 TB NVMe 4x 8 GT/s

14 hours ago, OHN767 said:

Well thats what happens when you skip beta and release a game thats in alpha state, because thats what they did, very bad decision

That's what happens when you have a global pandemic which is going to cause unemployment and an economic downturn like never seen before, and therefore you release early, try and make as much money as you can from whoever is got the money to  spend because now its the best time to do it. 

Once you've got their money you fix it. 

But you release early, because this time next year the economy in both North America, Europe and Australia/NZ is going to be on its knees.   Screenshot this.  Just my opinion and all that jive. 

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 2

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, fluffyflops said:

That's what happens when you have a global pandemic which is going to cause unemployment and an economic downturn like never seen before, and therefore you release early, try and make as much money as you can from whoever is got the money to  spend because now its the best time to do it. 

Once you've got their money you fix it. 

But you release early, because this time next year the economy in both North America, Europe and Australia/NZ is going to be on its knees.   Screenshot this.  Just my opinion and all that jive. 

Release of games early is nothing new. Most top games now a days conduct early releases. It’s more so a giant testing bed and fixes will happen over time.

this has been going on since steam (App) was created.

and there have been much worse releases and buggy games then this.

look at Star citizen for example it’s been in early access beta stage for what 8 years ? 

Yeah, I'm sure everyone here would buy a new car with one or two doors missing:  But hey, the're on the way from the factory and they'll be installed in about a month from now...  So, be patient. The factory was closed-down for a while, ya know😒

• Like 1

Without linking anything google FSX bug list , then X-plane bug list and finally PD3 bug list , lmao  all which have been out for how long ?   

• Like 2