Sign in to follow this  
kaosfere

TBM930 G3000 lighting fix

My guess would be that you corrupted the internal model file somehow.   I think your best bet would be to put the original version that you backed up back, then dropping the contents of the zip into the community folder.

Pasting from elsewhere on here because it's easy:

For the Microsoft Store edition AND/OR Gamepass edition:

• It is located in: C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_<RANDOMLETTERS>\LocalCache\Packages\Community.

For the Steam edition:

• It is located in: C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community.

For the Boxed edition:

• It is located in: C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\Local\MSFSPackages\Community.

OK, thanks for the heads up. I'll try that later or more likely tomorrow and report back. I'm at cruise level somewhere over Germany at the moment. 

Have a great one! 

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

Well...in the \Packages folder there is no community folder. Should i create one though?

Edit:

Tried it and didn't work either. 😞

Edited by ThomseN_inc

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

I have edited that one panel file (can't remember the actual name) to set the Glasscockpits refresh rate to 30FPS a few days ago. Might this be a factor maybe? 

If so, I'd wonder why the DA62 light fix works flawless. 

Ok, i reinstalled MSFS and its works now. Looks like something went wrong along the way...

But thanks for all the help anyway!

• Like 1

Hey, glad you got it sorted!

Folks already in this thread might be interested to know that I'm working on a more detailed G1000 mod which will restore the ability to control the brightness through a menu.   And probably also add the missing switch for synthetic vision, while I'm at it.   And... maybe more.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

Hey, glad you got it sorted!

Folks already in this thread might be interested to know that I'm working on a more detailed G1000 mod which will restore the ability to control the brightness through a menu.   And probably also add the missing switch for synthetic vision, while I'm at it.   And... maybe more.

This....is definately something i am very interested in! Great news!

On 8/28/2020 at 4:50 PM, kaosfere said:

My guess would be that you corrupted the internal model file somehow.   I think your best bet would be to put the original version that you backed up back, then dropping the contents of the zip into the community folder.

Sorry, stupid question but where is the zip file to put in the community folder?  I see you mentioning it in other posts below but I don't see a link to download a zip package.

Edited by ShadowN7

3 minutes ago, ShadowN7 said:

Sorry, stupid question but where is the zip file to put in the community folder?  I see you mentioning it in other posts below but I don't see a link to download a zip package.

For now, this is the best place to get it. Once it's fully incorporated into the new project I've been working on it'll get a more "official" release location.

1 minute ago, kaosfere said:

For now, this is the best place to get it. Once it's fully incorporated into the new project I've been working on it'll get a more "official" release location.

Thank you!

You're welcome!    As a heads up to folks who may be interested, I've been focused on making more improvements to the G1000 (because it's the one I use more, and one I now have a trainer for 😄 ) but some of what I'm doing (synthetic vision toggle, IN/HPA alt switch) can be carried over to the G3000, too.  I will probably do that at some point in the not too distant future.

Edited by kaosfere

14 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

You're welcome!    As a heads up to folks who may be interested, I've been focused on making more improvements to the G1000 (because it's the one I use more, and one I now have a trainer for 😄 ) but some of what I'm doing (synthetic vision toggle, IN/HPA alt switch) can be carried over to the G3000, too.  I will probably do that at some point in the not too distant future.

thats so awesome! cant wait to see it in 3000. TBM is one and only "complete" aircraft by Asobo! all switches are working, autopilot is awesome, full checklist, made in cooperation with Daher. There is one more thing that bugs me is absence of up/down arrows in arrival\departure section, not so cozy to scroll with mouse wheel and scroll bar is too slim to catch))

Edited by BackboneOne

1 hour ago, kaosfere said:

Very well done indeed!. Hope you can transfer this to the TBM too, awesome work man.

Sergio Naiberg

6 hours ago, kaosfere said:

Thanks kaosfere. Looking forward to that mod. I find synthetic vision a little too “busy”.

Edited by Barnes

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11