Sign in to follow this  
rwilson881

Scenery not loading after update.

HELP

Since the Windows 10 2004 update and the NVIDIA Driver update 451.60. My scenery will not load automatically.

As I approach an area with a add-on scenery (Like KATL 2016 which is at Number 5 in priority) it will not load without opening and closing the scenery library which takes almost a minute or more to come back.

I've tried multiple graphic and world setting changes but with no Joy.

Thanks

Ron

PS if anyone has similar specs like me, I'd appreciate knowing your graphics settings.

My specs are:

P3DV4.3 (wasn't broke so wasn't going to update)
Intel core i7-3770 @ 3.40Ghz
16 gb Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
WDC  1 TB WDS100T2B0A-00SM50 (SSD)

Sounds like a possible scenery.cfg corruption if the library is opening and closing during flight.. Did you add/remove any scenery lately?

I would back up your scenery to a safe folder and then delete the original and let P3D regenerate that file.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

On 8/29/2020 at 2:41 AM, aldridgem said:

Sounds like a possible scenery.cfg corruption if the library is opening and closing during flight.. Did you add/remove any scenery lately?

I would back up your scenery to a safe folder and then delete the original and let P3D regenerate that file.

Thanks, I did as you suggested and also deleted my shader folder and scenery cfg file. I've been slowly re-installing add-on scenery ( had way more than I needed) and so far so good

Oh thats good to hear!

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!