wwdavis

Brunner CLS-E MKII yoke with accessories and software.

Posted (edited)

I have a Brunner CLS-E MKII yoke I had installed before in my Flight Illusion C-182T FTD. When I first received it I cut 3" off the control rod and installed a Cessna-style yoke.  I later removed the unit and replaced it with a new  CLS-E MKII yoke because after a while,though it worked great, I wanted it back to it's original condition. I sent the removed yoke back to Brunner Elektronics for refurbishment. They reconditioned and replaced the units I had cut down to like-new.

I will sell the unit for $2,000.00 plus shipping. (approx. $120.00)   I was going to use it for another simpit build but that plan has gone to the back burner. Warranty would have been close to expiring , however warranty from Brunner is not transferrable when sold to a 3rd party  It is about 10 months old.

Bill Davis   Kent, WA

Edited by wwdavis

$2,000 ..outch ... this require a mortgage .... lol 

anyway GLWS  

Some graphics cards are also expensive....for instance....2080TI... $1,800.00.   Many simmers possibly would want these items but can't afford them.The items I buy are expensive and last a long time with no problems. For instance I have  Simkits/Trc proportional brake and rudder pedals I purchased in 2012.. 750.00 each. Never had an issue with them and have lasted a long time. My C182T FTD I purchased in 2015. Still going strong. My dual  Brunner yokes will last a long time.The feel and looks of these units are much closer "to the real thing" than the cheap units .  I am not shelling out money replacing these  cheap units every so often . Well worth the prices over time. "You buy cheap....you get cheap". I see all the time simmers posting their issues with Logitek, Saitek, CH Products,etc.

Posts relating to issues with the expensive units are hard to find. They last a long time.

Edited by wwdavis

On 9/19/2020 at 8:01 PM, wwdavis said:

Some graphics cards are also expensive....for instance....2080TI... $1,800.00.   Many simmers possibly would want these items but can't afford them.The items I buy are expensive and last a long time with no problems. For instance I have  Simkits/Trc proportional brake and rudder pedals I purchased in 2012.. 750.00 each. Never had an issue with them and have lasted a long time. My C182T FTD I purchased in 2015. Still going strong. My dual  Brunner yokes will last a long time.The feel and looks of these units are much closer "to the real thing" than the cheap units .  I am not shelling out money replacing these  cheap units every so often . Well worth the prices over time. "You buy cheap....you get cheap". I see all the time simmers posting their issues with Logitek, Saitek, CH Products,etc.

Posts relating to issues with the expensive units are hard to find. They last a long time.

I disagree. I bought Go Flight Products. Expensive and have had issues with multiple items. Specifically the throttle and yoke. I’ve attempted contact with GO Flight. Finally got a response. They said they would send me what I needed to get my yoke running again in August. August came and went with reviving nothing. I replied back to the email twice with no response back. I don’t think they are going to fulfill their word. Anybody want to buy a nice paperweight from Go Flight? 

I’ve owned CH, Saitek, Go Flight and Honeycomb yokes. Each time was for upgrade only except for Go Flight. All but Go Flight have worked fine for me. Rudder pedals have been a different story.

Got the original Saitek pedals, they worked fine but wanted to update to the Cessna pedals. Then updated to the combat pedals. Then updated to the Thrustmaster TPR that lasted 3 months before the right pedal electronics went bad. Thrustmaster is silent. Bought them from Dell and they say I need to go through Thrustmaster which they don’t answer emails or phone. Again most expensive failed over less expensive.

Throttles, I use to have a Suncom fighter stick and throttle that worked great and cost something like $30 back in the day. The Saitek throttles came out. Used them from 2008 to 2016 with no problems. They got lost in a move and you couldn’t buy them anymore. I bought the Go Flight throttle, they lasted a year. I was able to get a tuneup kit to fix it but not worth the price. Luckily I was able to get Logitech throttles. They have worked great for 3 years now. I was able to get a preorder for the Bravo Throttle to go with my Alpha Yoke. I really wish Go Flight lived up to their word to have my GF yoke fixed. I think they are pretty much out of business with no responses anymore and no fixed yoke.

I wouldn't know. I haven't owned any of the units you mention in quite a long time. By the way ,the companies I purchased my units from have been in business a long time and are still in business.                     Bil Davis

Edited by wwdavis

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

28%
    $7,145.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now