Sign in to follow this  
byork

New release for FS2020! Flight Crew: A320!

On 8/29/2020 at 7:11 PM, pty1973cm said:

would you expand this product for voice in the future, or release a different product (and different purchase) for the voice activation feature?

Hi. I would also like clarity on this inquiry. Thank you!

11 minutes ago, ollrty said:

Hi. I would also like clarity on this inquiry. Thank you!

Everything is different in FS2020.  We may or may not be able to do voice control.  We're still experimenting.

If Voice can happen, it would likely be a separate product.

1 hour ago, byork said:

Everything is different in FS2020.  We may or may not be able to do voice control.  We're still experimenting.

Very understandable, thanks for the reply!

45 minutes ago, byork said:

From the interview with Jorg Neumann I got the impression that voice control will become standard within the next months...

46 minutes ago, darem said:

From the interview with Jorg Neumann I got the impression that voice control will become standard within the next months...

I never saw that interview... but I doubt it... WASM (the official coding language of FS2020) cannot currently support the Microsoft Speech Recognition API, but maybe in the future they can or might.

The other way to do voice is to run it as an external exe (like what Flight Crew A320 does now), but the problem is it doesn't run "inside" FS2020, (in FSX and P3D you could run things inside the sim, but not anymore) so what do you do when the Flight Simulator window is in focus but not your app?  That's the current problem.

Speech recognition is complex and it's the kind of thing that I suspect Asobo may be a afraid to dabble in because it's tricky and can be support intensive.  They don't want to get 10,000 emails from users saying "I said X but it heard Y, blah blah".

FS2Crew handled speech recognition quite well in the BAE ("Before Asobo Era", my new term 😉 )  but that's largely because our users are mature, experienced and willing to read manuals for the most part.

How it would have gone with the average punter on the street who just wants to do a loop over their house on their Xbox controller... I wouldn't want to hazard a guess.

Edited by byork

6 hours ago, byork said:

I never saw that interview... but I doubt it... WASM (the official coding language of FS2020) cannot currently support the Microsoft Speech Recognition API, but maybe in the future they can or might.

The other way to do voice is to run it as an external exe (like what Flight Crew A320 does now), but the problem is it doesn't run "inside" FS2020, (in FSX and P3D you could run things inside the sim, but not anymore) so what do you do when the Flight Simulator window is in focus but not your app?  That's the current problem.

Speech recognition is complex and it's the kind of thing that I suspect Asobo may be a afraid to dabble in because it's tricky and can be support intensive.  They don't want to get 10,000 emails from users saying "I said X but it heard Y, blah blah".

FS2Crew handled speech recognition quite well in the BAE ("Before Asobo Era", my new term 😉 )  but that's largely because our users are mature, experienced and willing to read manuals for the most part.

How it would have gone with the average punter on the street who just wants to do a loop over their house on their Xbox controller... I wouldn't want to hazard a guess.

It's an interview in german, and at 10:18, Jorg starts to talk about a cooperation with their chinese software development team, because they want to do something with voice simulation, they call it "voice cockpit services" (at least that is what I understand, but I might be wrong), and he says this will be a big thing.

Maybe you understand him better:

Edited by darem
missing space

On 8/31/2020 at 2:12 AM, erni2015 said:

Hello byork,

Thx for your new Fs2Crew it works great, but one question is it possible that i have no Checklist for Taxi.

thx

We used the real-world stock Airbus checklist direct from Airbus.  We use what they use.

Cheers,

Edited by byork