Sign in to follow this  
matmouls

P3D ecosystem at risk?

7 hours ago, simbol said:

It amaze me how people write sometimes.. Research more before writing such nonsense in the future.

S.

Research what? If you say "call me when...", then you're not among the 400, huh..?

19 hours ago, matmouls said:

These companies are small and rely on fresh cashflow for their new products investments.

not sure how you are jumping to all these conclusions. its literally a new simulator that gives them more opportunities to make money with new products of the same airports/aircraft they have already made. If they dont want to take advantage of that then that's their prerogative. As far as companies like FSLabs, I doubt money is an issue. Their plane cost 140 dollars and theres no way they would make that a free upgrade if they made it for MSFS. We aren't even getting a free upgrade to the sharklet models so I doubt any developers will be losing any money due to MSFS.  as there is clearly money to be made.

If you are worried because of what MSFS looks out of the box well... These "handcrafted" airports, and default aircraft in MSFS aren't really all that great....everyone saying they are good with default everything for the foreseeable future is lying to themselves and will break when they see the rest of us flying into the newest flightbeam scenery airport in our PMDG/FSLabs payware aircraft. 

Not only yesterday a pilot friend of mine who is an ex 747 driver  at virgin (redundancy) he is now a contractor starting up his own business teaching ground school stuff for the 747.

He rings me up and asks me

'youre into those flightsims aren't you, I've started up my ground school business and I need some software to show students how to use the fmc and start up procedures on the 747, that simulator youve got, what's it called?  and how much is it to buy?' 

Now my answer can only be either P3dv5 and pmdg,  or aerowinx. 

He can't after 30 years in the seat load up a kids sim with gamey music and courchevel challenges to a class room of adults.  

Now just imagine if he wasn't a 747 driver, and hes teaching ground school of another type, you then  take aerowinx out of the equation.  That leaves you with P3dv5 or Pvdv5. 

LM has all these contracts and the big military ones.  They are not worried in the slightest about a kids vfr try and find your house sim

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, fluffyflops said:

Not only yesterday a pilot friend of mine who is an ex 747 driver  at virgin (redundancy) he is now a contractor starting up his own business teaching ground school stuff for the 747.

He rings me up and asks me

'youre into those flightsims aren't you, I've started up my ground school business and I need some software to show students how to use the fmc and start up procedures on the 747, that simulator youve got, what's it called?  and how much is it to buy?' 

Now my answer can only be either P3dv5 and pmdg,  or aerowinx. 

He can't after 30 years in the seat load up a kids sim with gamey music and courchevel challenges to a class room of adults.  

Now just imagine if he wasn't a 747 driver, and hes teaching ground school of another type, you then  take aerowinx out of the equation.  That leaves you with P3dv5 or Pvdv5. 

LM has all these contracts and the big military ones.  They are not worried in the slightest about a kids vfr try and find your house sim

Correct, Very simple. P3D is used by training schools (or X-P). 

Those are the (dare I say it!!) not for entertainment sims that, with the correct hardware, are licenced to be used as training devices. The other sims have an entertainment license, and should not even be brought inti the conversation.

I'm just clarifying the difference, not starting a debate! 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

5 hours ago, Mgard78 said:

Research what? If you say "call me when...", then you're not among the 400, huh..?

Count all the companies that works doing addons for XP + P3D.. Even putting both platforms together you will struggle to get even 100+ companies.. Much less that quantity of developers.

Don't believe everything you find in the internet.

Lots of REAL developers are waiting for the SDK to be completed, there is lots of missing information, documentation and modules.

The MSFS SDK is now public, just install it and read the documentation.. Anyone clever can clearly see lots of stuff are still missing.

S.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, simbol said:

Count all the companies that works doing addons for XP + P3D.. Even putting both platforms together you will struggle to get even 100+ companies.. Much less that quantity of developers.

Don't believe everything you find in the internet.

Lots of REAL developers are waiting for the SDK to be completed, there is lots of missing information, documentation and modules.

The MSFS SDK is now public, just install it and read the documentation.. Anyone clever can clearly see lots of stuff are still missing.

S.

LOL, we are reading your post, on the internet.. Can we believe it? Remember, it's not only companies, there are many individuals doing payware as well.

Anyhow..

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

15 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

LOL, we are reading your post, on the internet.. Can we believe it? Remember, it's not only companies, there are many individuals doing payware as well.

Anyhow..

And you really believe that there are more than 200 guys just doing addons for this niche market? 

To be honest the only risk to the ecosystem is users themselves..

Just on this very topic I was called no a Real developer.. Being mocked for trying to bring reality about how the flight sim world developing side size is..

This is the real issue, lots of people are writing realy hurtful comments and that will drive developers to stop posting and reading all these forums.. And as a result you guys will end up with just support ticketing systems or just lots of developers will stop direct comunicacion with you..

Nothing positive as an outcome.

Edited by simbol
  • Like 2

Guys, it REALLY does not matter how many developers there are for MSFS, if there are 200 or 201, it's totally irrelevant.

Dont worry about the risk to the ecosystem, FS2004, FSX, FSX:SE all still have great ecosystems (what is an ecosystem?) or support base that has lasted many years, & we are STILL getting new add-ons. 

Please take your pity party somewhere else? You should realise that this IS Avsim.. Guys are going to write 'hurtful' or chirpy comments as soon as you open the door.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

From my point of view I will stay away from pure P3D developpers until they show something meaningful on MSFS. Sorry but I will not spend a handful of bucks for an addon if it turns out that it won’t survive one more year because they put on the market a new addon already obsolete because not compatible with MSFS. I will continue to enjoy my P3D with my current addons and consider only the MSFS third party developpers officially declared.

Edited by matmouls

16 minutes ago, matmouls said:

rom my point of view I will stay away from pure P3D developpers until they show something meaningful on MSFS. Sorry but I will not spend a handful of bucks for an addon if it turns out that it won’t survive one more year because they put on the market a new addon already obsolete because not compatible with MSFS. I will continue to enjoy my P3D with my current addons and consider only the MSFS third party developpers officially declared.

Good on yer mate,

You stay away from MSFS ... when you remove your head from your nether regions and wake up to the fact that addon developers will actually make this sim hum, you will be welcome to come back. Enjoy your P3D while we enjoy MSFS AND P3D AND Xplane. Nothing in life quite like limiting your options.

In reality, I do not quite understand this attitude and, nor do I really want to.  Life is for living and not for leaving your head in the clouds and not appreciating everything life has to offer.

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.