Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

Canceling Gamepass, Buying The Deluxe Version - Redownload?

If I cancel my gamepass subscription, then buy the deluxe edition, will it download the entire game again, or just the, so to speak, "missing parts"?

No, if you cancel GamePass then your access to the base game will stop. However, if you have bought and loaded a digital license for the Deluxe edition then the base game will load again. It will either add the extras when it searches for updates or you tell it to install the extras in the package list inside the game.

CJ

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

If I cancel my gamepass subscription, then buy the deluxe edition, will it download the entire game again, or just the, so to speak, "missing parts"?

I bought the Premium Deluxe while I was still on Game Pass. On the next sim start, it downloaded the additional content. Then I cancelled Game Pass.

• Upvote 1

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

1 hour ago, Colonel X said:

I bought the Premium Deluxe while I was still on Game Pass. On the next sim start, it downloaded the additional content. Then I cancelled Game Pass.

Was that the 'upgrade' Premium Deluxe version in the marketplace or regular?

28 minutes ago, CJ1045 said:

Was that the 'upgrade' Premium Deluxe version in the marketplace or regular?

No, buy the full version. Not sure if upgrade will work without Game Pass.

Get it in the Windows store.

Edited by Colonel X

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Wouldn't it make more sense to buy the game with the Game Pass (10%?) discount, then cancel the Game Pass subscription?

I wondered about this also so sent this question to MS:

if I purchased MSFS2020 Premium Delux Upgrade Bundle thru my xbox pass, and latter cancelled my xbox pass, can I stil have/own the Upgrade bundle and can stil play???

Graciela M.
Graciela M.
2319 Answers • 99% Helpful
Hello, my name is Graciela, it´s nice to meet you, i´m a gamer and i´m here to help you with everything you need today.

If you acquired the upgrade bundle through the Game Pass you will need to have the subscription active in order for it to work, as the license is attached to the subscription.

• Like 1

I went from Game Pass to the premium edition by buying it outright through the Microsoft store. It can turn out to be dearer to buy it piecemeal so figured just buy it as a whole. Downloaded only  the update once I loaded the game.

I can definitely recommend doing it this way.

Cheers

Brendon Isaac

I actually have three Xboxs round the house so Game Pass is used extensively for those so my subscription is going to last and last (currently over two years left due to some bargains a year ago). I have bought the Marketplace 'Upgrade' for £70.99. It does say that it includes the WHOLE game at the moment. I have been in discussion with Microsoft support about this. I suspect the advert is a mistake and the wording needs to be changed but AT THE MOMENT it says you own the whole game if you buy the 'upgrade' and Microsoft will have to honour that. Microsoft FS 2020 support are currently contacting the Marketplace team. I suspect the wording will be changed but AT THE MOMENT I think you have the Prem Deluxe complete game even without Games Pass membership. Just make sure you screenshot the Market Place page if you have any issue with MS later.

CJ

10 hours ago, PecosPete said:

If you acquired the upgrade bundle through the Game Pass you will need to have the subscription active in order for it to work, as the license is attached to the subscription.

That is good to know, thanks