Sign in to follow this  
Barnes

Reloading Aircraft From Within the Sim?

Hi Everyone,

Would anyone be able to tell me if there is a way to reload an aircraft inside the sim after editing/tweaking a cfg file?

At the moment I am re-starting the sim every time I want to see the changes that I have made, but I'm sure there must be a quicker, smarter way to do this?

Thanks,

Dave

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

Haven’t tried it but I would assume you could load a different plane then load the plane you changed. 

• Upvote 1

Kent

i7 4790k @4.7Ghz 32Gb DDR3 1333 RTX 2070 GPU Win10 Pro

Thanks for the suggestion, but I've tried that and it doesn't seem to work.

I've tried exiting the scenario, going to "My Hanger" and loading a different aircraft and then reloading the aircraft that I am trying to edit, but no luck.

I know there was a key you could bind in P3D that would reload the aircraft right on the runway. I can't seem to find anything like that in MSFS.

Edited by Barnes

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

47 minutes ago, Barnes said:

I can't seem to find anything like that in MSFS.

ESC out of the sim to the OPTIONS screen. do your .cfg changes.

Look at the bottom - HOME Restart, hit that, confirm and you're back again.

Edited by SierraDelta
  • Upvote 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Hey Søren,

Can you confirm that you have tired this successfully, because it doesn't seem to load the aircraft with the new .cfg changes for me?

It restarts the scenario, but the aircraft remains unchanged .

Trying to figure out if I am missing something obvious at my end... 

Thanks

David Webster

Just now, Barnes said:

Hey Søren,

Can you confirm that you have tired this successfully, because it doesn't seem to load the aircraft with the new .cfg changes for me?

Unfortunately, I only used in when tweaking the parameter in the .js file for the FPS trick... and there it worked.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Okay, thanks anyway

David Webster

You need to enable 'Developer Mode'. It's available in the Settings (General) menu, under it's own heading.

Once enabled, you'll notice a tool bar available at the top. Click on 'Windows' and then  'Aircraft Selector'.

It's the only way I've found where you can change the aircraft while already in a session without having to go back to the main menu. In your case, I'd suggest just selecting a different aircraft and then selecting your original aircraft again to see the changes.

Hope that works.

Edited by krazyk
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, krazyk said:

You need to enable 'Developer Mode'. It's available in the Settings (General) menu, under it's own heading.

Once enabled, you'll notice a tool bar available at the top. Click on 'Windows' and then under 'Aircraft Selector'.

It's the only way I've found where you can change the aircraft while already in a session without having to go back to the main menu. In your case, I'd suggest just selecting a different aircraft and then selecting your original aircraft again to see the changes.

Hope that works.

BINGO!

Thanks, that works perfectly - Exactly what I was looking for !  

I owe you one 🍺

Regards,

Dave

• Like 2

David Webster