Sign in to follow this  
dlh

CH throttle quadrant compatibility

I just ordered one. I'm wondering now if it will be compatible with MS Precision Pro joystick in Flight Simulator 2020.  Wording on the CH site says it's only compatible with other CH products.  But I've watched several Youtube videos that show people using it with other non-CH devices.  I don't mind doing the binding myself.

Thanks

Dave

8 hours ago, dlh said:

I just ordered one. I'm wondering now if it will be compatible with MS Precision Pro joystick in Flight Simulator 2020.  Wording on the CH site says it's only compatible with other CH products.  But I've watched several Youtube videos that show people using it with other non-CH devices.  I don't mind doing the binding myself.

You need not worry. The Quadrant will be recognised by Windows as a USB gaming device, you won't even need to install drivers. It will show up in Microsoft Flight Simulator but you'll have to do the bindings yourselves, as you expected.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

16 hours ago, orchestra_nl said:

You need not worry. The Quadrant will be recognised by Windows as a USB gaming device, you won't even need to install drivers. It will show up in Microsoft Flight Simulator but you'll have to do the bindings yourselves, as you expected.

Thank you.

Dave

Can't get mine working in FS2020 with or without the Control Manager. Without the Control Manager, Win10 can't see the 12 switches in the axes. And with the Control Manager calibrating the Quad, FS2020 can't see any of the switches - they show up when binding, but do not register when activated.

If there are any tricks anyone knows, I'd really appreciate it.

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

On 9/19/2020 at 3:57 AM, gpbarth said:

Can't get mine working in FS2020 with or without the Control Manager. Without the Control Manager, Win10 can't see the 12 switches in the axes. And with the Control Manager calibrating the Quad, FS2020 can't see any of the switches - they show up when binding, but do not register when activated.

If there are any tricks anyone knows, I'd really appreciate it.

It's certainly not MSFS. The switches on my CH quadrant are working fine, both in Windows and MSFS. Have you managed to assign switches on other devices?
If the switches aren't recognised in Windows without the Control Manager it might be a hardware failure. If you have another PC you can connect the quadrant to, preferably one that never had any CH device connected earlier, you could check whether Windows will recognise it properly.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

I have never had trouble with CH controls. Used on 98, XP, (out of it 15 years) and now 10. Always works. Sounds like either your controller is junk or your USB bus is junk.

I've been using my Throttle Quadrant with FS 2020 with Control Manager installed and I can use reverse thrust. 

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

It's been a while since I have been using it in MSFS (have upgraded since) but it is certainly working with MSFS although you probably need to go into the controller settings to assign all the levers and buttons to something.
In some cases, you might also need to tick the "reverse" box to get them to do what you want. It's not that difficult to do.

Even if the levers are assigned automagically, you might need to assign the buttons manually to do something usefull.

Flightsim rig:

It works for me. I plug it into a USB port on my Logitech Flight Yoke and it is recognized in game, no problem. I don't program anything on it through the CH Products software. It provides me with 12 extra buttons and six more axis. There are also 6 more buttons (which I don't use) if you pull each of the axis to full back. These are made for the thrust reversers.