Sign in to follow this  
downloaddude

Fixing dynamic lighting in P3dV5

Hello there,

my biggest problem with P3dV5 at the moment is the broken lighting at addon airports. Of course, some of them have been properly fixed, but others cause problems because PBR aircraft don't reflect light (even though the airport was ported to v5 by the developer) and in some cases, airports just won't be provided in the short term (for example Imaginesim refusing to fix ZSPD for P3dv5 at the moment...). 

I've read about the new parameters and frickled around a little bit with effect files but no success up to now. 

Has anyone accomplished this yet? Or could somebody explain to me, what exactly the difference between P3dv4 und v5 is in regard to dynamic lighting and how it can be fixed? Given the speed, that a lot of developers took to fix their airports, it can't be so difficult, I assume.

Thanks alot

Adrian

Dynamic lighting changed to linear for performance under V5.

So they added 2 new parameters to the effects files, one is called intensity day and intensity night, these are lumens values which are applied to PBR surfaces.

If an effect file is missing these values and the old one, it can cause issues with PBR and non PBR materials.

Regards,

Simbol 

Edited by simbol

Hi Simbol,

thanks for your answer. Can you explain a little further: "missing these values and the old one" - what do you mean with "the old one"? I tried inserting the two intensity values in the Imaginesim ZSPD-effects but no success.

Thanks

Adrian

11 hours ago, downloaddude said:

Hi Simbol,

thanks for your answer. Can you explain a little further: "missing these values and the old one" - what do you mean with "the old one"? I tried inserting the two intensity values in the Imaginesim ZSPD-effects but no success.

Thanks

Adrian

An effect file for V5 requires to have the new intensity parameters in "Lumen" and the old Dynamic Lighting parameters using RGBA (Red, Green, Blue, Alpha) where alpha is the intensity of the light, color start is the intensity during the day and color end is the intensity of the night.

These parameters go under emitter parameters that represent lights, the full format of the effect file can be found under the SDK documentation.

All the best,

S.