Sign in to follow this  
Guest OneTinSoldier

FSX default 747 ghost extra wings

Guest Bob LIEE

Hi:can anybody help me figure out why I get double wings for the default 747 in FSX (see picture)? It only happens with this one aircraft!Thanks.Video card: NVIDIA GEForce4 TI 4600; driver ver. 91.47

Guest wickedpenguin

Hmm, doesn't look like double wings - instead, it looks like the main part of your wing is simply missing. All I'm seeing in that shot is the control surfaces: the slats (which are on the front of the wing) are hovering out there, then there's the engine pylon, and inboard are the spoilers, flaps, and ailerons.Is the camera inside the aircraft? Sometimes when you're inside an aircraft that doesn't have an actual interior you get issues with the model. Usually 3D model polygons only have 1 side visible, so if you look at it from behind in-game it disappears. This *may* be what's happening here.

Guest Bob LIEE

Look at these pictures! They probably show my problem better!

I remember somebody saying this will happen if you disable shading :-)

Thats what happens when using shader tweaks, so dont use them.

probably should upgrade your video card to one that supports shader (not sure what version) technology ti 4600 was a great card in its day i guess the problem you will have is finding an agp card. Shaders are used for wing flex and thats what your video card can't render. check http://www.zipzoomfly Short of that wait for the Vista and DX10 not sure how to disable wing flex maybe turn off special effectsI am sure someone else may have another opinion...good luckGregg D

Guest Sabadin

The GF4 is limited to 1.3 Shaders, Wing Flex requires 2.0 to work correctly otherwise you get that ghosting effect ;)

Hi , I have seen this too, I belive it is the second lot of textures showing to illustrate wing flex. It has to be a video driver issue. roll back your drivers or update them if you are out of dateDal

Guest pdelaine

i have the same graphics card as you and i get the same thing. also the glider wings dont flex in flight. out of curiosity, can you get the jetways to working? because i cant.

Guest OneTinSoldier

>i have the same graphics card as you and i get the same>thing. also the glider wings dont flex in flight. out of>curiosity, can you get the jetways to working? because i>cant.Same thing as Sabadin said... jetway movement, as well as wing flex, which are both enabled by turing on 'Advanced Animations', requires a Shader Model 2.0 capable video card.Hope that helps,Jim