Sign in to follow this  
Colonel X

Turn off the forced sharpening filter for a cleaner image.

Thanks for the tip. Actually I do not like any of the image degradation techniques called post processing at all in any software and so I turned it off completly. Turning off post processing should be really an option in the simulator.

1 minute ago, Gomoto said:

Thanks for the tip. Actually I do not like any of the image degradation techniques called post processing at all in any software and so I turned it off completly. Turning off post processing should be really an option in the simulator.

I think sooner or later we will get them in the settings, hopefully. Did you notice any effect of turning the other options off? It says Film Grain, but I don't think there is any film grain in the sim anyway.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Film grain is quite subtle if done right. I do not like it anyhow. I prefer most post processing off for the cleaner look. Sometimes the lighting effects suffer from turning off post processing, but I did not notice this yet in MSFS.

On 8/30/2020 at 7:12 AM, IdleTalk said:

Nice discovery!

Would there be any way to do it on community folders, not on core files?

These are config files, not runtime files.

I think they get written to when you make settings changes.

So I don't think you can use Community folder Overrides.

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.

Hmm, that file seems to get re-written when I load the sim, and those options are re-enabled again.

Edited by smoothchat
  • Like 1

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.

Thanks to everyone here.

Notwithstanding that my Sim is loaded to a seperate SSD as per Whitav8  I found the UserCfg in 

C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

Now to find out if this sharpen change makes a difference !

no, not in my case, post processing off stays even if I change other settings

(changed file in C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache)

Edited by Gomoto

You can try to make it read only, after modifying.

I too hate movie effects in games, it's supposed to replicate reality, my eye is not a camera! 
I noticed there's some kind of eye adaptation to light changes going on. How can I disable all these garbage effects? ALL OF THEM.

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

Making it read-only may crash SIM if you try to change in SIM setting.

Why don't they simply have a Sharpness slider in the settings.

... Would be a compromise.

no need for read only, your changes do NOT get overridden

Edited by Gomoto

Shame, I wanted to try it but I don't really like installing nVidia Experience, I always turn it down in the driver installation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dirk98 said:

Shame, I wanted to try it but I don't really like installing nVidia Experience, I always turn it down in the driver installation.

but it has the shadowplay option which allows you to record gameplay up to 4k @60fps without losing any fps, i use it not only for MSFS videos.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nedo68 said:

but it has the shadowplay option which allows you to record gameplay up to 4k @60fps without losing any fps, i use it not only for MSFS videos.

Yes, maybe it is time to try it, but I still very much doubt about "up to 4k @60fps without losing any fps" part. 

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Gomoto said:

no need for read only, your changes do NOT get overridden

Have you tested this? In a LOD thread they suggested doing it to avoid the sim putting all back as it was.

• Like 1

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

Yes tested twice, the edited changes stay also when you change something in the ingame options. The other guy talked about it "seems" like the edit gets overridden.