Sign in to follow this  
Colonel X

Turn off the forced sharpening filter for a cleaner image.

Thanks colonel, brilliant 🤗

Still got grainy cloads though strange, everything looks better, using the sharp tool in NCP? 

Edited by sonny147
Add
  • Like 1

9900k, RTX3080 12 GB ,maximus hero XI, Arctic Freezer 280 AIO, Phanteks Mesh case, 32GB steel series ram (3000 GHZ) , x3 Samsung Evo's 480 GB for scenery, intel 1660p 2TB nvme for P3D and addons /Scenery, Adata 480GB nvme for OS win11, 2 TB SSHD for everything else, 43" LG 4K TV for the sim(1440P) , second 27" monitor for charts/ YouTube etc. Warthog Stick, TCA ( Airbus) Throttle and Logitech  pedals, Razer keyboard and mouse, oh and a usb fan to cool me down on approach !

I tried this mod on my system with some interesting results.  Honestly things did not look real sharp out the window and I noticed that my panel is slightly harder to read.  I also noticed that artifacts when the propeller is spinning is greatly reduced.  I thought it was mixed bag as far as how things looked.  Not exactly bad but not exactly good either. 

What I did notice was a huge boost in performance after this mod.  I got an older system and my video card does not even meet specs.  Yesterday when flying around SFO it was a stutter fest even with no clouds.  This evening its light clouds and was actually able to hand fly it around the bay area with very few stutters except for the occasional micro pausing most of us experience.  On performance boost alone it is a worthy fix.

It looks like depending on system specs different people get different results but on my lower tier machine I thought the mod was solid except for the minor hit in detail when looking out the window. 

• Like 1

Anyone got before and after comparison shots for this?

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I am using this too. Works great and i can set it up to my needs. 

I use it to get darker nights too.

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

36 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

Anyone got before and after comparison shots for this?

It's a quick edit, why don't you try. You should anyways see it on motion, a screen won't do much.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

If I can get it to stick I will, but I'm struggling to understand what a sharpening filter actually looks like as I've always avoided shader mods on other platforms.

It is a quick edit but MFS takes a bloody age to load, I'd guess 7+ mins from starting to getting in the cockpit? So it becomes a 20 minute job just to test it out, if I even know what I'm looking for! That's after spending hours assigning controls, ugh.

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

11 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

If I can get it to stick I will, but I'm struggling to understand what a sharpening filter actually looks like as I've always avoided all those shader mods.

It is a quick edit but MFS takes a bloody age to load, I'd guess 7+ mins from starting to getting in the cockpit? So it becomes a 20 minute job just to test it out, if I even know what I'm looking for!

True, when tinkering I spend hours in front of the loading screens. The setting will stick, and after looking at the standard image, you will notice it immediately.

-

Well I'm all game for some of that sweet sweet FPS (or a deduction in stutter), already used comparison images to optimise my graphic settings. 

Would be nice to get a playable New York 747 scenario instead of 12 FPS (I am getting 20-30 elsewhere, seeks photogrammetry upsets it), much more interested in the performance gains than visual changes.

Edited by ckyliu

support1.jpg

18 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

Well I'm all game for some of that sweet sweet FPS, already used comparison images to optimise my graphic settings. 

Would be nice to get a playable New York 747 scenario instead of 12 FPS (I am getting 20-30 elsewhere, seeks photogrammetry upsets it), much more interested in the FPS gains than visual changes.

There should be no FPS increase here. Maybe if your GPU is at the end of it's rope, but usually the performance issues in MSFS are caused by the CPU.

Edited by Colonel X

-

It is not working, every time I load msfs then close, MS modify usercfg to its original state. 

Try if its the same for you

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

There should be no FPS increase here. Maybe if your GPU is at the end of it's rope, but usually the performance issues in MSFS are caused by the CPU.

Good point actually I was CPU limited in New York, though in ordinary areas it jumps between CPU and GPU. I have my settings higher than I probably should for an 8 year old CPU but I like  pretty.

support1.jpg

15 minutes ago, Keto Ketchup said:

My FS keeps changing this back to 1 after I set it to 0.

Same here..

Bert