Sign in to follow this  
Skybus2000

Display problem

Hi

I would be really grateful if someone can be kind to help me out?  I cannot understand my some of my displays are slightly displaced, please see image of FMS how the orange box seems squashed a bit, I ha e tried resizing the FMS but no luck.

Many thanks

FSX SP2
Win 7 Home 64 Bits
Intel Core 1 5 3450CPU@ 3.10GHZ 4 CPU
8192 RAM
Direct X 11

AMD Radeon HD6800 (4095MB Memory)

0FEFC6BE-9163-47CF-80B5-FB5F9E52FDD2_zps

Edited by Skybus2000

I use imgur for my image hosting adn all I do is hit the copy button on the imgur image, then use the "insert image from URL box present at the bottom of the box you type your post in. Then I add .jpg to the end of the file.

I'm not sure what photobucket does these days...

This might be worth a read.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Thank you very much, I just signed up to Flickr and tried to post a link to the image using that guidance not sure if it is displaying in this thread.

Your pic is fine!  Looks like a font may be corrupt?  Was that from a default, 3rd party addon,payware or freeware?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Hi thanks 

That is Airbus FSLABS, but the problem also occurs with LVLD 767 and PMDG 777, is there a way to correct the fonts without having to do a full reinstall etc

I wouldn't do much fiddling around until I checked with the developers, since you payed good money for those aircraft. Doing a Google search, I found this old, archived topic that sounds something like your problem,

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

7 minutes ago, charliearon said:

I wouldn't do much fiddling around until I checked with the developers, since you payed good money for those aircraft. Doing a Google search, I found this old, archived topic that sounds something like your problem,

Thank you, I will have a look at that, I did raise it with the respective developers and they asked me if it was just their aircraft that did it, I said I had it with others and unfortunately they all said it was clearly a problem with my system as it is effecting all add on

• Like 1

Is this view from VC or a 2D popup? It might be a tearing issue (easily solved with V-sync or RTSS Scanline) or something wrong with your display. Let's hope it's not the latter.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

19 minutes ago, Luis Hernandez said:

Is this view from VC or a 2D popup? It might be a tearing issue (easily solved with V-sync or RTSS Scanline) or something wrong with your display. Let's hope it's not the latter.

2D pop up of the MCDU.  I am not familiar with V-sync or RTSS 🙂

Ok, It depends on the rendering mode you're using, if full-screen or windowed (including borderless). In your fsx.cfg file, enter one of these lines in the [GRAPHICS] section:

ForceFullScreenVSync=1
ForceWindowedVSync=1

Restart FSX and check if the issue persists.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Thank you for your suggestion, unfortunately the problem still exists, I don’t use full screen mode.

Thank you

Maybe it’s a simple font problem but not knowing which one, plus if you look on the MCDU buttons, on the INIT look how that slants too, just lost what to do.

I mean it’s not the end of the world, but I’m open to further guidance if anybody can be kind enough to post.

Thanks in advance.