Sign in to follow this  
MarioDonick

Anyone else affected by suddenly disappered premium content?

Strange I can’t find the Cessna 172 standard in the airplane list it disappeared I flew it last night everything was ok I have the deluxe premium edition from MS

Any idea ?

Gilles Boily

10 minutes ago, b1bmsgt said:

Yeah. It was fake...

The dramatization was "fake" but the stories behind them are quite real, albeit not really as dramatic as Hollywood massaged them.

I know the fellows in Valparaiso, IN who own the company...

• Like 3

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I have the same issue. Bought Premium Deluxe 3h ago. It downloaded but did not show it in game. Reinstalled the whole thing, it is shown as owned but I have no access. MS Store version.

As I stated earlier, always having issues with MS Store installations for every single product at some point. Why can´t it just all work like any software I buy anywhere else? Download, install, start, done. MS installations and its store are a true nightmare!! And I just spent 120 EUR for supporing this sim. Should have stayed with my 4 EUR subscription... last time I fell for MS products.

I have the same issue as well. Been flying the Premium/Deluxe version since the 18th but today, all the Premium/Deluxe content is gone, despite the game and MS Store saying it is owned and installed. Last night, my Windows 10 1909 was updated to 2004, may that's where the problem started for me.

Normand

Intel i7 9700K @ 4.9 GHz / Asus Prime Z390-A / 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz / MSI RTX 4080 / PSU 750 Watt / Microsoft Flight Simulator / Windows 10 Pro x64

Well, I just had my deluxe content disappear and now MS is downloading all the content again? Initially I noticed I couldn't do a Freeflight then this? offensive initials not allowed???? oops, well whatever you get it. I sure hope I pointed it in the correct direction. It's downloading 93.23gb of content.🙂

Edited by Adrian123

This is why I never land cept to refuel and never turn off the computer. Serious though hope this gets sorted out asap.

Not sure what it is? can they or do they scan the content file for mods. I did change one cfg parameter on an aircraft?

Well a few threads are up and running atm on the official forums so maybe. 

2 hours ago, n4gix said:

The dramatization was "fake" but the stories behind them are quite real, albeit not really as dramatic as Hollywood massaged them.

I know the fellows in Valparaiso, IN who own the company...

Orville?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I was really worried about this, but about 3 hours ago when I booted up MSFS my Cessna 172 classic was there.  I was wondering what the sim would do if it wasn't because it was my selected aircraft.

Everything is working.  Is anyone else still having this problem?

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

9 hours ago, Heavy Metal said:

I have the same issue. Bought Premium Deluxe 3h ago. It downloaded but did not show it in game. Reinstalled the whole thing, it is shown as owned but I have no access. MS Store version.

As I stated earlier, always having issues with MS Store installations for every single product at some point. Why can´t it just all work like any software I buy anywhere else? Download, install, start, done. MS installations and its store are a true nightmare!! And I just spent 120 EUR for supporing this sim. Should have stayed with my 4 EUR subscription... last time I fell for MS products.

11 hours ago, jopasaps said:

I have the same problem with the Premium Deluxe version of Steam. I had not been able to take the simulator for many days and today that i can, all the content premium is gone

I reinstall but without sucess.

Edited by Lange_666

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

16 hours ago, MarioDonick said:

Using the Windows store version since release, premium deluxe content was working for me -- until today. It is still shown as installed and owned, but in the content manager, it shows no details anymore. Aircraft are not shown in aircraft selection screen, and detailed premium airports don't show up.

I formatted my system to clean it up yesterday and that's when the premium content went missing. I'm curious what would have happened if I hadn't formatted.

After troubleshooting it, I uninstalled & reinstalled the game a second time. Interestingly, when the game initially launched, the content was visible in the content manager and showing how much space it was taking up. Dreamliner was taking X amount of MB. O'Hare Int'l was taking up X amount of MB. I thought I'd fixed it, but when I went to fly, the planes weren't available. I restarted the game, but this time the content was showing as up to date, but the spot where it show how much space it's taking up was blank.

After reading all the replies on this and other forums it really smells like a server issue on the MS side of things. I'm guessing that paid for content has some mechanism to query whether it is valid. If that is broken for some reason (version matching issue, server down, ???) then everyone is going to have the same issue regardless of what we do on our side.

While this is entirely frustrating, I'm sure it will be resolved soon. Having customers unable to access paid content is a sure way to dissuade them from buying more. Unfortunately this seems to have happened over the weekend so we might need to wait until Monday for a fix.