Sign in to follow this  
Kilo60

Latin VFR KMIA Released!

Other than the night lighting which is horrid, I have actually been pretty pleased about the default airports.  They don't necessarily look exactly like the airport in question, but they do look like an airport, which fsx/p3d default airports abjectly fail at.  I anticipate buying WAY less payware airports than in previous sims.

My only real gripe is the SDK, which right now does not let a user/developer edit the airport, only delete and re-create it.  Hopefully that will change, or someone else will make an editor.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

Crazy how fast add-ons are coming through the door for the sim..Not complaining!

Makes me suspicious, sounds like a lot of developers are doing rush jobs to cash in. 

@ShawnG; same here. I look at the default airports and say to myself: do I really need to spend all that money on an airport addon? For me, the hobby has gotten a whole lot cheaper, ha ha. 

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Makes me suspicious, sounds like a lot of developers are doing rush jobs to cash in. 

@ShawnG; same here. I look at the default airports and say to myself: do I really need to spend all that money on an airport addon? For me, the hobby has gotten a whole lot cheaper, ha ha. 

Agreed!

Although, when it’s your home airport even the most subtle differences are highly noticeable!

• Like 1

Chris Camp

11 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Agreed!

Although, when it’s your home airport even the most subtle differences are highly noticeable!

Yes.  My closest regional airport is KMDT Harrisburg International.  Harrisburg is a photogrammetry city. (😀) and the southern end of the airport grounds (the Military and Cargo areas) have photogrammetry buildings!  but the terminal is a standard default terminal, and they for some reason only assigned GA parking spots, so no Jetways for commercial traffic... despite all this, this is the single best rendition of Harrisburg and KMDT ever in a flight sim. end of story.  and nobody is going to make KMDT: The Payware Addon, because nobody cares about me.  if there was an editor though...

• Like 1

The scenery is great but there's a performance hit in the area with it.  I uninstalled it as I'm sure there will be a couple of patches released about the time airliner simming starts to come into it's own with this new sim. With the SDK and time any performance hit will be resolved.  If they can make scenery work in FSX I have no doubt what will be possible down the road.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

After flying around the area both with this scenery and default there is a performance hit.  Not as bad at KBUR by Orbx but it's there.  I decided to uninstall the scenery as I have it on my roster once airliner simming comes into it's own.  You can't expect too much from developers as FS2020 was released almost two weeks ago.  Just like all versions before it developing maturity has to happen and then we won't see any performance hit from third party developers.  

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Just another recycled FSX/P3D scenery. 3PDs will have to do a lot better to entice me opening my wallet.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, gunther said:

Just another recycled FSX/P3D scenery. .

What do you mean ? 

They had a good scenery, they compiled  it over to the new sim  with the new SDK. 

What should they have done  ? What features specific to MSF that you find missing ?

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

2 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Sure, first come, first serve. But let's not forget that 3rd party developers were on boarded already a while ago so they had time to work on add-ons for some while 

Edited by chatman
  • Like 1

CPU: Ryzen 5600 no OC, MB: MSI Tomahawk B450, RAM: 32GB DDR 3600, GPU: RX6900XT, 2TB SDD, Res: WQHD

25 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

What do you mean ? 

They had a good scenery, they compiled  it over to the new sim  with the new SDK. 

What should they have done  ? What features specific to MSF that you find missing ?

Seems there is no PBR textures unless am missing other screenshots. It’s pretty underwhelming to me, I wouldn’t buy this over the default personally. The margin between default and average payware airports is now pretty slim. There is a feeling now that people won’t just accept minor improvements over the default which ultimately should be a good thing.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

What do you mean ? 

Ok, let me rephrase: 3PDs will have to convince me that they din't just recompile their FSX/P3D sceneries and try charging me again (small discount notwithstanding) for something that doesn't look particularly exciting. The performance issues that have been reported add to my suspicion that recompiling with the new SDK isn't all that needs doing. We already have seen this from other devs too. The moment one of them offers something new and original, I'll sit up and take notice.

Edited by gunther
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Carts85 said:

It’s pretty underwhelming to me, I wouldn’t buy this over the default personally. The margin between default and average payware airports is now pretty slim. There is a feeling now that people won’t just accept minor improvements over the default which ultimately should be a good thing.

Exactly. And I suspect that most of the time the credit card is gonna slip back into the wallet. 

• Like 2

I never bought airports or regional scenery. It ties you to an area. With an amazing world to explore why limit yourself to one airport? All my money is being saved for airplanes. 

Edited by sanh
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

Crazy how fast add-ons are coming through the door for the sim..Not complaining!

Too fast, reminds me of when FSX was out and most developers just released the old FS9 sceneries with minor fixes, not even compiled with the proper SDK as FSX took FS9 sceneries without many complaints. Performance was much worse but nobody really knew back in the day.

Letting the dust settle for a few months while Asobo finishes MSFS and the SDK will be the best bet.

Edited by Nuno Pinto
  • Like 2

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I bought some new Airports, like Santa Barbara, Insbruck and other.

I found they look ok, but I found the look also a little loveless made. I can´t better explain, but they look realy made in hurry.

By the way, I will buy Airports that I fly often as a turnstile.

For the rest, a standardport gives me all I need 😉

Stephan from Germany

My System