Sign in to follow this  
Kilo60

Latin VFR KMIA Released!

6 hours ago, ttbq1 said:

Waoo such negativity really impressed me.

LatinVFR was one of the first 3PD to develop 100%PBR airports in P3D with 4k textures which looked amaizing.

I really don’t understand why bashing without even have the facts right.

Exactly!   If it was the other way around people would be complaining of lack of add-ons for MSFS!

How long did it take for add-ons to mature in FSX and P3D?

If you are so concerned about a rush job and poor quality and just being ports...   Why even buy Add-on AC or any previously made add-on when they are released?  Cause aren't they all gonna be a port of some sort if they have been previously made for FSX/P3D (PMDG anyone)???

Best to hide your wallet for several years before committing to any MSFS add-on!

Edited by Kilo60

Chris Camp

dbl post

Edited by Kilo60

Chris Camp

7 hours ago, jaydor said:

I will not buy a modified port over.

With that attitude you better not ever buy any add-on for MSFS that has ever been previously released for FSX or P3D by any Company (including Flight Beam, PMDG, Aerosoft etc)...!

Chris Camp

6 hours ago, Colonel X said:

Have you checked your VRAM usage? I am around 6GB in the area with standard scenery alone (however that's textures on Ultra). I suspect with the airport, and maybe a payware heavy, you might run into issues there.

VRAM usage is up there anyway with default but it doesn't kill performance. This scenery has an impact and it's just because it appears to be a port over.  Scenery developers are going to have to give themselves time to learn how to develop for MSFS or suffer sales.  With the right coding to the SDK standards (whenever they fully release it) only then can truly optimize scenery be possible with little or no performance hit.  In short all beware of port overs. This short cut is not going to work in MSFS.

• Like 2

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

10 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

With that attitude you better not ever buy any add-on for MSFS that has ever been previously released for FSX or P3D by any Company (including Flight Beam, PMDG, Aerosoft etc)...!

As I just said and 'Jaydor' is correct the port over game will not work here. Performance is going to suffer doing scenery like this.  Just like before with P3D six months down the road you'll see developers coming out with 'version 3-4' for their scenery after they've figured out how to do it right.  Whole rebuilds of major scenery to what they previously released for MSFS.  Today it's best to be careful and read reviews/feedback before buying.  I've learned that with KBUR and KMIA, both uninstalled but not requesting a refund to show my support for the developers who will in time get it right.

• Like 2

FS2020 

~$10 US if you already own the P3d version. I think that this airport and Flightbeam's KDEN (also discounted for existing users) are definitely worth the low price, unlike some of the other "ported" scam-ons

26 minutes ago, Dillon said:

VRAM usage is up there anyway with default but it doesn't kill performance. This scenery has an impact and it's just because it appears to be a port over.  Scenery developers are going to have to give themselves time to learn how to develop for MSFS or suffer sales.  With the right coding to the SDK standards (whenever they fully release it) only then can truly optimize scenery be possible with little or no performance hit.  In short all beware of port overs. This short cut is not going to work in MSFS.

Hi, everything is made from scratch with the SDK from MSFS, which is completely different and new from that of previous ESP codes. The only thing used was the airport design (models) and materials (base textures) used which did not have any code in them from previous simulators because the new sim won't ever allow you to create a package with old code in it.

The texturing format is completely different, even PBR is completely different to that used by P3d, so we had to create new PBR materials based on the new SDK. Object placement completely different so I don't know how people are saying its a 'port over'.

Right now, there isn't a sole 'tool' or anything that would allow you to use code from P3d or FSX to bring scenery to MSFS easily. That's as of today, don't know about the future.

This sim is maturing as we go, and as it continues we will apply new features and elements it allows us to implement. This airport is done 100% based on the SDK from MSFS, and using the most things available for us to use.

Believe me there are no short-cuts. We been with this sim since late last year working.

Edited by DanMorera
  • Like 10

37 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Here’s a quote below from PMDG below which you should read because your quoting companies like PMDG and Flightbeam which isn’t accurate of what they are trying to achieve.
There’s two groups that were talking about here, the guys that are in it to make a quick buck who are happy to port over an old product and the guys that are passionate and are in it for the longhaul and looking to move forward and capitalise on the technology available to them. It’s the latter products ill be purchasing. 

Other aspects of NG3 that you can expect are an entirely new flight model designed using the new capabilities of MSFS, along with a similarly new sound model built to capitalize on capabilities brought to us by the new simulation engine. We have done wonderful things with the 20+ year old methods given to us with FSX and Prepar3D, but this new platform opens up doors we only gazed upon wistfully in other gaming engines. At the core of your airplane, the simulation will remain pure PMDG, with all of the features, failure modes, complexity and simulation value that you have come to expect from our products. We have yet to find any functionality that will be lost, but we are looking at a number of new features we can add to our products moving forward.

Edited by Carts85

35 minutes ago, LVFRicardo said:

Hi, everything is made from scratch with the SDK from MSFS, which is completely different and new from that of previous ESP codes. The only thing used was the airport design (models) and materials (base textures) used which did not have any code in them from previous simulators because the new sim won't ever allow you to create a package with old code in it.

LVFR, thank you for your honesty in that reply and I respect you for bring it to our attention, us the buyer. 

I am very cautious with the existing dev's having just got caught with the ORBX fiasco of London Landmarks. 

But as a developer I think you owe it to yourself and to us to state that it is a complete new build and not a port over.  That way we will have more trust in you.

Edited by jaydor

James (jaydor)

"Let me X-Plane where I fly in 2020"

To quote my wife " you not the boss over my money"  

I don't mind supporting a little to a company / people that try to create somewhat good stuff, but everyone has their on standards I guess. 

Edited by SirDan
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, jaydor said:

LVFR, thank you for your honesty in that reply and I respect you for bring it to our attention, us the buyer. 

I am very cautious with the existing dev's having just got caught with the ORBX fiasco of London Landmarks. 

But as a developer I think you owe it to yourself and to us to state that it is a complete new build and not a port over.  That way we will have more trust in you.

Hi, you are right its not a completely new build, we are using models we have done from before, that's why we have applied a discount to all previous customers.

However, the methods and ways we have made this scenery for MSFS aren't completely different to the methods and ways of starting from scratch doing a scenery for MSFS. We have certainly saved time by having the models done, that's an advantage and those who have owned previously have benefited from it too. However, its not that straight forward to bring this to MSFS, takes time.

The same CANNOT be said about aircraft design, since a lot of other things come into play with aircraft, that's why we haven't seen much of aircraft being released despite most of us developers having the SDK for many months already.

Thank you all for the support!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carts85 said:

Here’s a quote below from PMDG below which you should read because your quoting companies like PMDG and Flightbeam which isn’t accurate of what they are trying to achieve.
There’s two groups that were talking about here, the guys that are in it to make a quick buck who are happy to port over an old product and the guys that are passionate and are in it for the longhaul and looking to move forward and capitalise on the technology available to them. It’s the latter products ill be purchasing. 

Other aspects of NG3 that you can expect are an entirely new flight model designed using the new capabilities of MSFS, along with a similarly new sound model built to capitalize on capabilities brought to us by the new simulation engine. We have done wonderful things with the 20+ year old methods given to us with FSX and Prepar3D, but this new platform opens up doors we only gazed upon wistfully in other gaming engines. At the core of your airplane, the simulation will remain pure PMDG, with all of the features, failure modes, complexity and simulation value that you have come to expect from our products. We have yet to find any functionality that will be lost, but we are looking at a number of new features we can add to our products moving forward.

Good post and Agreed!

However, I did not quote any specific add-on company regarding any of their upcoming releases and whether they would be ports or not and certainly did not intend to imply one way or the other...

I was mearly trying to make a point that some of the best add-on developers are currently in the process of releasing add-ons that they have previously done before (in FSX or P3D) and that a general attitude of “it’s mearly a port”, because it was released too soon, with no sufficient data to back that statement up, is not only misinforming but reckless and possibly damaging to the developers who are going to carry this sim above and beyond what it already is! 

Edited by Kilo60

Chris Camp

1 hour ago, LVFRicardo said:

Thank you all for the support!

Thanks for your response and feedback as to your development of KMIA.  Just the same I see a performance hit from the scenery and the area in general with it installed.  This is no more than what happened with early FS9, FSX, and P3D add-ons.  Over time the methods get better which is what I'm saying.  As of right now I had to uninstall it to enjoy flying around the Miami area.  

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Great scene! Thank!

And a nice discount for Miami 4-5 owners

1ftkvn.jpg

Edited by BMW969

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider