Sign in to follow this  
Kilo60

Latin VFR KMIA Released!

2 hours ago, LVFRicardo said:

Hi, everything is made from scratch with the SDK from MSFS, which is completely different and new from that of previous ESP codes. The only thing used was the airport design (models) and materials (base textures) used which did not have any code in them from previous simulators because the new sim won't ever allow you to create a package with old code in it.

The texturing format is completely different, even PBR is completely different to that used by P3d, so we had to create new PBR materials based on the new SDK. Object placement completely different so I don't know how people are saying its a 'port over'.

Right now, there isn't a sole 'tool' or anything that would allow you to use code from P3d or FSX to bring scenery to MSFS easily. That's as of today, don't know about the future.

This sim is maturing as we go, and as it continues we will apply new features and elements it allows us to implement. This airport is done 100% based on the SDK from MSFS, and using the most things available for us to use.

Believe me there are no short-cuts. We been with this sim since late last year working.

Thanks Ricardo!

And Keep up the great work!!!!

Now bring on KFLL and KEYW...!

Chris Camp

I've just posted a video review of this scenery on my YouTube channel if anyone would like to have a nose around it before deciding whether or not to purchase it.

I like publishing really positive reviews and being critical makes me uncomfortable, because I can only begin to imagine the amount of work that goes into a scenery like this. So I'm genuinely sorry that this isn't more positive, Ricardo. I was a huge fan of your SCEL & LEMD sceneries in P3D and I can't wait to see what you bring out next, but this particular product fell short of my expectations.

Edited by mrfilbert
  • Like 1

spacer.png
filbertflies.comYouTube | Twitch

i7 13700k, GeForce RTX 3080Ti, 32GB RAM

3 hours ago, mrfilbert said:

I've just posted a video review of this scenery on my YouTube channel if anyone would like to have a nose around it before deciding whether or not to purchase it.

I like publishing really positive reviews and being critical makes me uncomfortable, because I can only begin to imagine the amount of work that goes into a scenery like this. So I'm genuinely sorry that this isn't more positive, Ricardo. I was a huge fan of your SCEL & LEMD sceneries in P3D and I can't wait to see what you bring out next, but this particular product fell short of my expectations.

This airport, the detail, the performance, the value, it's just fantastic. Get a life kid.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

2 hours ago, mrfilbert said:

Thanks Filbert, sadly I got this last week and haven't had a chance to have a good look around it as yet so am a little disappointed to see such a sloppy release for such an important airport. 

A lot of the smaller details don't need to be perfect, but I sure hope that they fix the jetways as i agree it's a complete immersion killer. (I love the trains).

Touchwood they right all the issues like Asobo is doing with the game, as I definitely won't buy from them again if they were to leave it this way. Sadly I now don't see it as a worthwhile purchase in it's current state especially when you see what other developers have been able to do.

Nb: this is still an amazing airport to taxi around and take off at night in. It's like a sea of lights.

Brendon

Brendon Isaac

At 13:00 -- snow at KMIA?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

1 hour ago, Mace said:

Not the meteorological kind.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, AntillesFlyer said:

Touchwood they right all the issues like Asobo is doing with the game, as I definitely won't buy from them again if they were to leave it this way.

I'm confident that they will in time. LatinVFR is a good developer. They've released better products than this in previous sims, their support is first class and they've worked tirelessly to fix issues that have cropped up when they've pushed the boundaries of what new technology could do in previous products.

I feel for any developer that's working on add-ons for this new sim with an incomplete SDK while knowing they have to get products out there to keep afloat. 

This is not a bad airport, it's just not quite as good as the other major airports that have been released for MSFS. Nor is it as good as the best of what LVFR are capable of producing. So I'd urge you not to write them off based on this one release. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

5 hours ago, Mace said:

I know, I know. But they've done a really good job on the snow, so I felt the least I could do was show it! 

Edited by mrfilbert

spacer.png

41 minutes ago, mrfilbert said:

I'm confident that they will in time. LatinVFR is a good developer. They've released better products than this in previous sims, their support is first class and they've worked tirelessly to fix issues that have cropped up when they've pushed the boundaries of what new technology could do in previous products.

I feel for any developer that's working on add-ons for this new sim with an incomplete SDK while knowing they have to get products out there to keep afloat. 

This is not a bad airport, it's just not quite as good as the other major airports that have been released for MSFS. Nor is it as good as the best of what LVFR are capable of producing. So I'd urge you not to write them off based on this one release. 

Oh I def won't right them off, I want them to succeed with the airports, especially as I also want their San Juan Puerto Rico airport to fly from Miami. Hence why it was disappointing to see the jetway issue.

Great vid's by the way. I may have to do some flights out off Copenhagen looking at that airport.

Cheers  

• Like 2

Brendon Isaac