Sign in to follow this  
tyda0501

Feels like I’m playing the Google Earth flight sim

4 minutes ago, SirDan said:

And I highly doubt any other Sim has Otto as your co-pilot , as an option

gPYbdfG.png

If this was an addon You probably get someone to write a entire thread explaining that it does not look like “the real one” and that they Cant believe how asobo is not fixing this in the first patch 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

• Like 2

Image removed as image is no longer available.

17 minutes ago, Slides said:

Are you using HDR? It looks bad on an IPS monitor that you likely have.

I’ll have to troubleshoot this tomorrow. I’m thinking it’s gotta have something to do with my TV. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, rtodepart said:

...they Cant believe how asobo is not fixing this in the first patch 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

Otto has no need of a patch because he has the emergency re-inflation tube... :biggrin:

• Like 3

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

thanks for the Salzburg mention.  did some drone flying.

Galapagos Islands

rBphzv1.png

9ichUjX.png

kBmlnmY.png

• Like 5

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Dang, Chock!  Something about that last pic that at first glance looks like a real photo.  It wouldn't pass for real in full screen, but that thumbnail is really good.

Hook

• Like 2

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Mountains look pretty good on my monitor....even one's with their head blown off!😨

8s8aTe.jpg

• Like 8

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

40 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Mountains look pretty good on my monitor....even one's with their head blown off!😨

8s8aTe.jpg

Nice shot, Steve... well done!

i7-12700K; GF RTX 3080Ti 12 GB; MSI Z690 MB; 32 GB DDR5 4800Mhz (16x2); 850W 80+ Gold PS; 1 TB M.2 NVMe SSD + 2 TB HDD @ 7200 + Kingston 4TB XS2000 USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Ext. SSD (for MSFS & all games); 240 mm liquid cooler; LG 32UD59-B 32" UHD 4K; Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS stick; wired conn. to rtr. (500 Mbps); W11 Pro

Is there a way to increase the texture draw distance so that mountains far away look crisp (like at Sedona, for example)? I find that the mountains that are pretty far away look really bad until you get close and the textures load in. I have terrain quality / lod set to max and object quality set to max.

• Upvote 1

Edited - Despite the opening post OP seems to have good intentions w/ his replies

South America

p4ZPZfp.jpg

Edited by styckx
  • Like 2

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

4 hours ago, tyda0501 said:

I’m not talking mesh, obviously that is amazing. Texture is obviously also, great. But I was sitting on the ground in Salzburg today and thought “it’s got that blue satellite photo look” and occasionally I get that photoreal cheapness feeling 

I understand why people complain about the greenish-look, like even streets being green sometimes... but blue? Never had that impression.

Could you share a screenshot?

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

Let's be fair to him.  he might have an issue with his settings. it sounded initially like he was trolling, but he was good enough to respond here when called out.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ShawnG said:

fair enough, Salzburg it is:

3buZnVp.png

Looks very nice 😊

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

6 minutes ago, ShawnG said:

Let's be fair to him.  he might have an issue with his settings. it sounded initially like he was trolling, but he was good enough to respond here when called out.

Agree, in fact he has been very polite. Good on him. Using a TV, if his settings are not right, it can look ghastly.

• Upvote 2

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

32 minutes ago, FlyingInACessna said:

Is there a way to increase the texture draw distance so that mountains far away look crisp (like at Sedona, for example)? I find that the mountains that are pretty far away look really bad until you get close and the textures load in. I have terrain quality / lod set to max and object quality set to max.

i have about the opposite hah, i use lods at 100.

mountains far look very crisp, like that pic in south america.