Sign in to follow this  
Marenostrum

C172 standard (no G1000) DME

I confess I am not familiar with the Garmin LCD displays... I prefer analog instruments in the GA. 

when I set a VOR-DME frequency in the Garmin I can see the analog VOR Able to intercept the radial But I do not know where to read the DME distance. 

Thank you

2 hours ago, Marenostrum said:

I confess I am not familiar with the Garmin LCD displays... I prefer analog instruments in the GA. 

when I set a VOR-DME frequency in the Garmin I can see the analog VOR Able to intercept the radial But I do not know where to read the DME distance. 

Thank you

I don’t think DME works on the steam gauges at the moment (outside of the gps). However you can get DME in the G1000 mode by tuning in a VOR and getting dme that way. (I’m not at my computer, but in the G1000 you select DME at the bottom of the screen, then select the source wether you want it from VOR1 or VOR2)

I wasn’t a fan of the G1000 at first, but I’m starting to come around to it. 

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

15 minutes ago, Marenostrum said:

Thank you..I had the suspect it was not available in the steam gauges

It is available in some planes. Use the 530 for DME in the 172 steam for example. 

The 152 is just a basic IFR platform. It doesn't have DME in the game. 

delete

Edited by FPStewy

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

delete

Edited by FPStewy

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

5 hours ago, Marenostrum said:

It's one of those things that isn't implemented or will never be, it should show up just below the VLOC but if you choose the nearest VOR you will see all VOR's even low ones that should be just 40km.

c39qfmu.jpg

On 8/30/2020 at 6:01 PM, FPStewy said:

It's one of those things that isn't implemented or will never be, it should show up just below the VLOC but if you choose the nearest VOR you will see all VOR's even low ones that should be just 40km.

c39qfmu.jpg

If the list is updated real time it could be a workaround to get the DME information .

I'll give a try.

Thank you

On 8/30/2020 at 12:32 PM, Marenostrum said:

Well yeah, the reason is that all the planes are missing it. Even the C152 is quite IFR equipped and yet it’s useless because they opted to forget to throw in a simple KN62A.

And to be picky, the 530 distance is not the slant range the DME would show.

• Upvote 1

This is actually very realities. I removed DME from my airplane after installing GNS430W, and that is substance for that.

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

On 8/30/2020 at 9:01 AM, FPStewy said:

c39qfmu.jpg

You just dial navaid name, then direct to and get distance using GPS not VLOC. Unfortunately current implementation of GPS doesn't give you ability to select from the nearest list and then press direct to, so it has to be done manually.

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI