Sign in to follow this  
wthomas33065

Freaking Rainbows

I saw this as I was pulling into general parking at KCMO with real weather turned on.   Rainbows   Freaking rainbows.  And not some cheezy attempt to paste a rainbow.  This looks authentic, it looks organic.  Amazing.

When this sim is firing on all cylinders it boggles the mind.

rainbow.png

• Like 9

Yeah it's crazy to think about how complex the weather is and for them to have weather systems in game in real time is nuts. A bit a few bugs atm for some.

nice, it is awesome. Seen a few flying around europe with the weather systems we've been having lately.

Yes, when the sim works it's jaw-dropping stuff

• Like 1

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

Had one pop up yesterday for the first time..It’s pretty cool to see in a simulator, adds to the immersion!

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Here is my only rainbow I have a pic of , Over Africa  on rtw trip in a c172

LdWr8es.png

I saew one today too in Bilbao, Spain.

9900k@5GHz, 32GB@3200 RAM, Strix RTX 2080ti, VKB Gladiator mkii, VKB rudder pedals 

1 minute ago, Concorde79 said:

I havent seen any rainbows yet even flying for 24 hours, different weather and locations...

I’m sure You will At some point, and it will take you by surprise too...It did for me, I had to double take to make sure I wasn’t seeing things!

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

It's easy to get them to appear: set your weather to scattered clouds set coverage of bottom layer to zero. set the middle layer of clouds to 3000 base-20000 top 35% coverage 30% scatter . set the precipitation slider to about the middle.  Look away from the sun and there will be rainbows o plenty around the rain shafts.  Most the time in that scenario you can get full double rainbows if you are at about 3000 agl.

• Like 1

MSFS has it all.  The main things missing are airliners where the flight systems are modeled in detail, like airliners from PDMG and A2A.  Once the high fidelity airliners are released from 3rd parties, and the autopilot and other outstanding bugs are fixed, this will truly be the sim of the future and there will be no looking back.

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Flew through my first one yesterday and was stunned.  I posted this in another topic, but for those who want to see MSFS in all its glory, fly in Papua, New Guinea with live weather on. The live weather works great (mountain turbulence, correct winds and clouds, etc.), and the scenery is breathtaking.  There are bush landing strips every 10 miles or so throughout the highlands that present a real challenge.  My route yesterday was AYMH to AYMI.  I just checked, and the weather today looks even worse there though.

• Like 1