Sign in to follow this  
kaha

Weather unchangeable after loading saved flight

When I load a flight that I have saved before I cannot change the weather. The weather icon isn't there.

I'm not online and not flying in a group.

Any idea?

Thx, Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

Good grief! I have the whole toolbar gone after loading a flight. I suggest you report it to Zendesk.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, kaha said:

When I load a flight that I have saved before I cannot change the weather. The weather icon isn't there.

Any idea?

Thx, Karl

I confirm same here. Cannot imagine what the thinking behind this is. Why disable a feature that is so basic? Someone surely made a deliberate decision "I'm going to remove this feature on reloading a flight". Baffling decision.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

4 minutes ago, robert young said:

I confirm same here. Cannot imagine what the thinking behind this is. Why disable a feature that is so basic? Someone surely made a deliberate decision "I'm going to remove this feature on reloading a flight". Baffling decision.

Umm, any change in your mind that this is a bug? 

9900k@5GHz, 32GB@3200 RAM, Strix RTX 2080ti, VKB Gladiator mkii, VKB rudder pedals 

3 minutes ago, zemez said:

Umm, any change in your mind that this is a bug? 

Could be a bug. In FSX when you loaded a saved flight I seem to remember two files were loaded: the flight and the weather. Maybe they forgot the weather, or thought it was unimportant.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

I have had the opposite experience. In my first (and so far only) attempt to reload a saved flight, I was able to access the toolbar, and could change the weather with no problem.  If it makes any difference (doubtful), my plane was the Cessna 172 G1000 model. Also the flight was saved with the plane on the ground and engine off. 

6 hours ago, ilya1502 said:

Good grief! I have the whole toolbar gone after loading a flight. I suggest you report it to Zendesk.

Same here, no toolbar when loading saved flight.

7 hours ago, kaha said:

Any idea?

Thx, Karl

I experience the same condition... if I load a saved flight, the weather option/icon is no longer presented in the toolbar after the saved flight has opened and launched. Not sure why MS/A would remove the ability to change weather conditions simply because a flight was previously saved with a given set of weather characteristics.

i7-12700K; GF RTX 3080Ti 12 GB; MSI Z690 MB; 32 GB DDR5 4800Mhz (16x2); 850W 80+ Gold PS; 1 TB M.2 NVMe SSD + 2 TB HDD @ 7200 + Kingston 4TB XS2000 USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Ext. SSD (for MSFS & all games); 240 mm liquid cooler; LG 32UD59-B 32" UHD 4K; Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS stick; wired conn. to rtr. (500 Mbps); W11 Pro

Hi, I had this as well where the weather toolbar was gone upon opening a saved flight. I reported as a bug to Zendesk. I recommend anyone else experiencing this to report as well; Asobo has said they welcome multiple reports of the same issue as that allows them to properly prioritize.

• Like 1

PC Specs: Intel i5-7500, 16GB DDR4 2400 RAM, NVIDIA GTX 1660 6GB GPU, 1TB Samsung SSD 860 EVO M.2, 1TB spinning rust HD (via SATA), 3TB spinning rust HD (via USB), Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Attack 3 Joystick

FSX: SE | MSFS2020