Sign in to follow this  
Gomoto

Now I have seen it. Back to DCS until VR arrives!

I really like Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. The representation of the world is a great achievment. 

But while I enjoy flying in 2D from time to time, I still prefer VR for the most part of my simulator experience and find myself flying DCS all the time. 

• Like 1

What ever makes You feel better, that's the way to go.

I was thinking about VR, then I thought: "Shootss, having an electronic view just centimetres away from my eyes constantly, may not be a good idea. So, I fly on a 4K monitor and I love it. 

• Like 1

I have hundreds of hours VR flighttime and I am still alive and kicking.

And it makes flight simming more immersive. A real risk while in the virtual air!

😉

I feel the same as the OP.  I am really enjoying tinkering with MS Flight Simulator and am consistently wowed by the visuals on my 55" 4K TV.  But when I truly want to feel like I am in an aircraft flying, I revert back to VR flying in XP11 and DCS.  I am impatiently awaiting a solid VR implementation (and a few military jets) in FS2020 so I can remove those other 2 titles off my SSD 😉 

I know it's a pipe dream, but imagine if DCS could switch from continuing to develop their (small) world and use something like FS 2020 as the base and provide a DCS pack that would include the weapon systems and mission building etc... so they could focus on this and study level aircraft. I realize it won't happen.

I'm also heavily invested in DCS and love it, but man would I ever like to have the scenery and world options in FS 2020 with my DCS planes.