Sign in to follow this  

I have been playing Flight Simulator 2020 since it's release with my Flight Sim Yoke and it has been great, but a few days ago it began to pull to the right. I searched for a solution and found that using the CH Control Manager may fix the problem, so I did that. After using it, however, everything went bonkers. It seems to be using the X and Y axes at the same time now, and has a permanent hard pull to the left. I've now tried several suggestions including using ClrCalib.exe to attempt to clear out the data and nothing has worked. I'm guessing it's because they have been suggested solutions for older FS versions, but I really don't know for sure. 

Does anyone have another solution that might work? I'm completely baffled and would prefer to not have to buy all new hardware to fly.

I doubt you'll need the CH Control Manager, unless you want to combine several CH devices or want to customize the controllers. My Yoke and Quadrant are working fine with just the default Windows 10 drivers (except for the podmeters that are worn and the shaft that has become even more sticky).
Personally I would first have tried recalibrating the yoke in Windows. If that doesn't work it probably means one or more podmeters are dirty or worn.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

The thing is, it worked almost perfectly before I used the Control Manager, it just pulled to the right slightly. Now, after using Control Manager it is off center and it uses both the X and Y axes at the same time. So it doesn't seem like it would be dirty pods. I think it just messed everything up when I tried calibrating with Control Manager, but I can't find any way to clear it all out and just get back to default.

Baron,

Not sure will this help.

The CH product does have a program to delete/remove the CH product devices (all old data) from your PC.

Just in case you have already tried this, please ignore the following:

Here is the program name: "CMDelete.exe".

Google and download the above program and give it a try.

Make sure to read the instruction before running the program.

Once the CH product device is removed, then reinstall the device from fresh start.

Of course you are doing this on your own risk.

Edited by ntydk
correct misspell and add more info

5 hours ago, ntydk said:

Here is the program name: "CMDelete.exe".

Thanks for that, but sadly I have searched the depths of Google and haven't found CMDelete.exe for download. I did try ClrCalib.exe previously, but it didn't do the job. Do you know where I can find it, or any other ways to clear the data?

22 hours ago, Baron von Pain said:

The thing is, it worked almost perfectly before I used the Control Manager, it just pulled to the right slightly. Now, after using Control Manager it is off center and it uses both the X and Y axes at the same time. So it doesn't seem like it would be dirty pods. I think it just messed everything up when I tried calibrating with Control Manager, but I can't find any way to clear it all out and just get back to default.

I meant that pullng to the right might be a dirty pod issue,although it could just that the axis needs to be calibrated again.

That CMdelete program is probably already installed as in the past it was part of the CH Manager software. You can probably find it in the same location where CH Manager is installed.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

I didn't realize that CMDelete.exe was a program that came with Control Manager, but I have found it now. However, it still didn't seem to clear the calibration and it's still using both axes. I had already downloaded and ran Control Manager, though. That was actually where the problem started as it only began using both axes after I ran the Control Manager calibration. I was just trying to get rid of a very slight drift to the right, but it was not using both axes at that time and still worked more than good enough to fly. Again, it was only immediately after using Control Manager that it began to use both axes.

I'm hoping for some way to completely reset the calibration data. Is there another way besides using CMDelete.exe or ClrCalib.exe to do so? Seems like there should be a registry in Windows I should remove or something like that, but I can't find anything that would do it.

Baron,

I just checked the REG file in my PC under Win 10.

I have FSX and not the FS2020, .

Here are my suggestions (be advised: you are doing this on your own risk).

(1) uninstall the CH Control Manager completely from PC.

(2) with CH yoke plug in and remove the CH yoke device (click on the CH yoke icon and hit delete key) from your control panel screen.

then unplug the CH yoke from PC.

(3) backup your reg file first and delete the reg data from PC registry using regedit. Google how to backup reg file.

Location of the old CH yoke data:

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_068E&PID_00FF]

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_068E&PID_00FF]

(4) restart PC and plug in the CH yoke. The PC should install the driver by itself with default windows CH yoke driver. No need to install the CH Controller Manager program.

(5) click the new CH yoke icon showing up in the control panel then re-calibrate in the test tab.

If the above steps fail to correct the problem. Then I suspect either the configuration in the FS2020 is not set up right or it might have a hardware problem inside the yoke.

Hope this helps.

Edited by ntydk
correction

I thought my CH Yoke problems were fixed by using FSUICP v6 for LM P3D v4.5. Once I set up all of the yoke functions on FSUICP the problems I had appeared to be fixed.

The problems;  Sharp turning to the right, no directional, attitude control, trim, gear and flap button changes without my input,

All of these issues were only with P3Dv4.5.  Did NOT have problems with FSX .

Default aircraft appear to be unaffected, only add on.

Now today, I find that the Carenado C210 and D18 are unflyable (is that a word?) on P3Dv4.5. Somehow yoke button  assignments are being changed without my input.

I did read somewhere that the latest Windows 10 update caused similar issues.

Windows 10 64, ASUS Z590 MB, i5-11600K 4.9 ghz, Samsung 870 1TB, 860 500gb,hynix Gold 1TB SSD's, Corsair LPX 32gb (2x16) DDR4 Memory, EVGA GTX 1070ti, Viewsonic 32" 

So after going over and over this, I finally managed to get a hold of the manufacturer and we decided it was the pods after all. I'm still not sure if that was the case since it only had the issue after I did that calibration, but regardless, I have replaced the yoke and I'm flying again. Hopefully if someone else has an issue one of the many solutions presented here can help.

Mine has been drifting to the left... I can usually get it sorted by numerous  cycles of full deflection left-right-left-right for a couple of minutes as part of the recalibration process.... Replacing the yoke seems like a pricey fix so I'm trying to fix it by replacing the roll axis potentiometer this afternoon.... Fingers crossed. 

3 hours ago, CycleC0mmuter said:

Mine has been drifting to the left... I can usually get it sorted by numerous  cycles of full deflection left-right-left-right for a couple of minutes as part of the recalibration process.... Replacing the yoke seems like a pricey fix so I'm trying to fix it by replacing the roll axis potentiometer this afternoon.... Fingers crossed. 

Success! 😀 👍🏼 

Replaced the potentiometer.... No more drift! 😀 👍🏼 

One nice thing about installing control manager with the CH Throttle quadrant is having more than 12 button.  You can program the full back to be a toggle for reverse thrust. as when each axis is at 0 and the detent position that is read as 2 different buttons 

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

On 8/30/2020 at 1:59 PM, Baron von Pain said:

I have been playing Flight Simulator 2020 since it's release with my Flight Sim Yoke and it has been great, but a few days ago it began to pull to the right. I searched for a solution and found that using the CH Control Manager may fix the problem, so I did that. After using it, however, everything went bonkers. It seems to be using the X and Y axes at the same time now, and has a permanent hard pull to the left. I've now tried several suggestions including using ClrCalib.exe to attempt to clear out the data and nothing has worked. I'm guessing it's because they have been suggested solutions for older FS versions, but I really don't know for sure. 

Does anyone have another solution that might work? I'm completely baffled and would prefer to not have to buy all new hardware to fly.

Hi Baron, 

I have exactly the same problem, suddenly my “ch products fligh sim yoke” doesn’t work after a month not playing the game. (I think it was bcs of the windows update not done)

RESOLUTION: you need fully update the windows, try to install the optional update (intel etc) somehow it work for me after that update. Remember to restart after the update hope it works for you