Sign in to follow this  
Romeo_Tango

Pitch of default camera

Hi Everyone,

Is it possible to change the pitch of the default cockpit camera?

I know we can change the height and zoom. I would like to have mine looking down a bit more to match settings of my trackIr.

Thanks in advance.

Robin

Try simply holding down the right mouse button and then dragging the view to your desired perspective.

• Like 1

i7-12700K; GF RTX 3080Ti 12 GB; MSI Z690 MB; 32 GB DDR5 4800Mhz (16x2); 850W 80+ Gold PS; 1 TB M.2 NVMe SSD + 2 TB HDD @ 7200 + Kingston 4TB XS2000 USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Ext. SSD (for MSFS & all games); 240 mm liquid cooler; LG 32UD59-B 32" UHD 4K; Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS stick; wired conn. to rtr. (500 Mbps); W11 Pro

6 hours ago, Romeo_Tango said:

Hi Everyone,

I know we can change the height and zoom. I would like to have mine looking down a bit more to match settings of my trackIr.

Thanks in advance.

What I did is adjust my view pitch as desired, set it as a custom view (ctl-alt-0), and use that view (alt-0) as my main view.  I'm not aware of any other way of doing this.

Edited by Hippo

8 hours ago, Romeo_Tango said:

Look in the aircraft folder for your desired aircraft. For example:

\Official\OneStore\asobo-aircraft-c172sp-classic\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_C172sp_classic

Make a copy of cameras.cfg and edit the original.

In the first section you'll find a line:

InitialPbh = 0, 0, 0

The first zero is the default angle.  If you want to make that angle look down, change it to a negative number of degrees.  The exact number will be a bit of trial and error.  Example:

InitialPbh = -4.0, 0, 0

If you press the F key with TrackIR paused, the view will revert to this default looking slightly down.

If there is a problem, you can always revert to your saved copy and try again.

Hook

• Like 2

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

20 minutes ago, LHookins said:

Look in the aircraft folder for your desired aircraft. For example:

Finally some file names that make sense to muddle with.

Thx!

• Like 1

So I tried the mod that Mr. Hookins suggested on the DA62.  There was no change....I tried -4, then -10, then -20 and I could see no change in the pitch.  Perhaps for me the pitch issue is different than others.  What I'm trying to achieve is a higher seat height so I can see the horizon line move up in the windscreen.  I can get that effect by switching to the drone view and using the 2 and 8 keys on the number pad to pitch the horizon line up or down.  Any other suggestions ?

1 hour ago, anitelite said:

What I'm trying to achieve is a higher seat height so I can see the horizon line move up in the windscreen.

The spacebar does this.  It may be too much.

Look in that same cameras.cfg file mentioned above.  Near the top you'll find the lines: 

[VIEWS]
eyepoint = -4.52, -0.884, 1.4 ; (feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from reference datum

The 1.4 is the eyepoint height.  Increase this to raise your viewpoint.  I suggest a small increase to test, perhaps change 1.4 to 1.5.  I've found that less than 0.1 increase is usually enough.

Good luck.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

ok, great....sorry I misunderstood the pitch issue...I'll do the eyepoint tonight and report back.  Many thanks for your prompt response.

• Like 1

the eyepoint modification does indeed work well.  I changed it slightly in the 172 since I have time in that aircraft.  However, I think I'm back at the "pitch" thing again....with the drone view you can literally pitch the drone forward or backward to effectively raise and lower the horizon level relative to your view.  In FSX, we could do that with Q, and Ctrl-Q.   Is this available to us in FS2020?