Sign in to follow this  
Paul J

Landing / Taxi light???

Guest kenali

I don't know is it only happen to me or not, when I turn on the landing and taxi lights, sure the lights is been turn on but I don't see the lights setting being turn on from the wings and from the nose wheel, all you see is just the lights being turn on to light up the ground. The taxi light swicht is not even working by it self, you needed to active the landing light to turn on the taxi light, is this normal to all of you out thier???Walter

I noticed the same in the demo. Taxi lights don't appear to work and AI aircraft don't use taxi and landinglights. I was hoping it would be solved in the final version but it seems that it is not. A few weeks ago I saw another thread where someone mentioned the same problem. That thread had only a few replies and dissappeared quickly.Since I fly at night a lot, I am waiting on confirmation that the problem has been solved before I buy FSX, but I only found your message, confirming my fear that it has NOT been solved. However, I find it curious that there aren't more messages about this since to me this is a major bug; it effectively makes taxiing at night impossible.I have the demo installed on two PC's and both have this problem. I have a ATI videocard in both as well, an 9800 Pro and a x1400. I am hoping that some can either confirm that they have this problem as well, or that someone can confirm it can be solved with another videocard or driver.Allard.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

I've noticed the same thing, and it's unfortunate to me because I also enjoy night flying. My video card is an Nvidia6600, and I don't believe it's a hardware issue, but rather an oversight in development.I'm hoping that gets rectified promptly, whether officially or by the modding community.

Same thing here. ATI1950.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I've been experimenting and noticed that with some FS9 aircraft in FSX, the taxi light IS visible, but only from the 2d cockpit view. In VC and spotview, there is still no light visible. With some other aircraft, the light is not visible even from 2d cockpit mode.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5