Sign in to follow this  
dukeav

Explosion of MSFS content on YouTube!

12 hours ago, scotchegg said:

...Maybe will make the simmers spit their horlicks out...

You reminded me: It's been years since I had a nice cup of Horlicks - I seem to recall there were different flavours... and I'm "only" 54! :laugh:

3 hours ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

Be nice to the YouTuber and Twitch influencers...

One should not "simp" for them however...:dry:

2 hours ago, LosGenero said:

...Q8pilot, Frooglesim and Squrrel...

Captain Joe (747 pilot for Cargolux) recent did a 152 in the pattern tutorial at St. Barth's. Nice! :cool:

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Anyone seen this video yet? It’s not a review but it’s an absolute masterpiece of editorial quality, one of the best I’ve seen, could be an official trailer it’s that good.

• Like 2

Yes, I just linked it in a separate thread I thought it was that good.  Not only does it showcase the sim, but this guy has massive talent.  I also pasted the link to how he did it.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Yes, I just linked it in a separate thread I thought it was that good.  Not only does it showcase the sim, but this guy has massive talent.  I also pasted the link to how he did it.

Sorry mate didn’t see you already posted but yeah it’s superb like you I felt it deserved it’s own shoutout. 

• Upvote 1

I discovered the joys of watching YouTube streamers in the run-up to the release of MSFS. Despite being on the Alpha, I enjoyed seeing what other people had discovered on the release build before it was out.

Since getting my hands on the sim, I've started having a go at a bit of streaming myself. I find it very hard to strike a balance between concentrating on simulating realistic flights and being fun/entertaining. I'm also making ridiculous rookie errors because I'm looking at the chat/thinking about the entertainment side rather than shutting up and thinking about what I'm doing. But I'm starting to get a few subscribers and the balance between stressful and enjoyable is starting to tip in the right direction. 

Anyway, if you'd like to see someone who's been simming for 25 years crunch an A320 into the ground like he's never flown one before and then try to hide the fact that it's totally ruined his day with some lighthearted chat and excuses, this is a good place to start! (Other videos with more pleasing endings are also available)

• Like 3

spacer.png
filbertflies.comYouTube | Twitch

i7 13700k, GeForce RTX 3080Ti, 32GB RAM

16 hours ago, HighBypass said:

Captain Joe (747 pilot for Cargolux) recent did a 152 in the pattern tutorial at St. Barth's. Nice! :cool:

He makes sim videos now ? I´we watched his real life aviation videos. I´ll check him out. Thanks

• Like 1

Watching people play video games and receive crazy donations.

Don't get it. Have better things to do.

I think some of the donations go back and forth between friends to manipulate things on the feeds to pull more people into to donating money.

I wouldn't drop a dime to one of these people.

I spend to much time here reading nonsense, that's plenty of wasted time.

Edited by tpete61

On 8/31/2020 at 3:10 PM, DPSimulation said:

It's the second time i've seen you spouting this, you really have a thing for singling out this female!

Last time you told all of these people to leave you alone, fine, don't watch them, that is your choice. But because these people are new to the hobby you seem to not want them. If no new blood is injected into the hobby it dies, nobody is getting younger. Be careful what you wish for.

OMG. I need to go online with my PC and mute you.

Nothing like an anti free-speecher to boils one's blood.

You're starting to harass me now.

It's MY opinion and this is the second time YOU have been spouting off about my right to dislike money grabbing  "influencers" on Youlube.

Give me a minute to boot up my PC......

....1 minute passed....

Just hit "Post" .... Done. Phew. One less fly in my ear ☺️ Muted.

I suggest you do the same. We'll be like ships that never passed in the night ! 😁👍👍👍

This new Gen of Flight Simmers need this, Some review of a study level aircraft is not what is going to bring in the masses. We need more youtubers / Twitch influencers show casing the best that MSFS 2020 has to offer atm. This , yes this scenery will make them look / buy and who knows maybe a few will stick around over the coarse of development and start flying the good stuff once it's out. 

• Like 1

It is very exciting to see many people excited about flying in a flight sim.  I don't know if it is the result of the world we are in now and cabin fever; the fact that a new sim has not released under this era of Twitch and YT or brilliant marketing on MS part by targeting mainstream influencers and having them just try and they seem genuinely excited and able to enjoy flying which maybe they though was previously unapproachable.  Whatever it is I am happy to always see new people enjoying this new world of aviation.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Gabe777 said:

OMG. I need to go online with my PC and mute you.

Nothing like an anti free-speecher to boils one's blood.

You're starting to harass me now.

It's MY opinion and this is the second time YOU have been spouting off about my right to dislike money grabbing  "influencers" on Youlube.

Give me a minute to boot up my PC......

....1 minute passed....

Just hit "Post" .... Done. Phew. One less fly in my ear ☺️ Muted.

I suggest you do the same. We'll be like ships that never passed in the night ! 😁👍👍👍

I recognise you won't see this as you have muted me, that makes you far too weak. But it's going on public record anyway.

Harassment? You might want to look up the definition in a dictionary, i've replied to you ONCE in my life. Anti free-speech? Give your head a shake.

Edited by DPSimulation

14 minutes ago, DPSimulation said:

...i've replied to you ONCE in my life.

Once is all it takes in 2020.:dry: However, most of the time we can have a good argument, or debate even.

I was surprised when one post of mine caused someone to end their membership of AVSIM. I never even knew the guy either on here or personally. I certainly did not expect that reaction.

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

19 minutes ago, HighBypass said:

Once is all it takes in 2020.:dry: However, most of the time we can have a good argument, or debate even.

I was surprised when one post of mine caused someone to end their membership of AVSIM. I never even knew the guy either on here or personally. I certainly did not expect that reaction.

Some people are far too soft unfortunately.

It might have been twice although I cannot find any evidence of it. It's irrelevant though, once or twice doesn't consitute harassment. Imagine replying to them three times? Full on restraining order required!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, pjs37 said:

It is very exciting to see many people excited about flying in a flight sim.  I don't know if it is the result of the world we are in now and cabin fever; the fact that a new sim has not released under this era of Twitch and YT or brilliant marketing on MS part by targeting mainstream influencers and having them just try and they seem genuinely excited and able to enjoy flying which maybe they though was previously unapproachable.  Whatever it is I am happy to always see new people enjoying this new world of aviation.

I get your point and by reason fully support it. But I had to restrain myself not to comment on a TUTORIAL of some bloke just knowing how to start the game (sic.) and feeling the urge to teach others how to fly an ILS (getting nearly everythin wrong of course) . Wouldn't have come to my mind when I started flightsimming (oh yes, we had internet back then - I clearly remember the sound of my 14.400 bit/s modem).

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

1 hour ago, SirDan said:

This new Gen of Flight Simmers need this, Some review of a study level aircraft is not what is going to bring in the masses. We need more youtubers / Twitch influencers show casing the best that MSFS 2020 has to offer atm. This , yes this scenery will make them look / buy and who knows maybe a few will stick around over the coarse of development and start flying the good stuff once it's out. 

Upps, this ist the post I was referring to

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM