Sign in to follow this  
Hunt1990

Microsoft flight sim 2020 - clouds

Has anyone had issued with clouds in the microsoft flight sim 2020? Mine seem to be pixelated and not forming correctly. My frame rate is around 35-40 but the clouds look pretty bad. I have dialled settings to low to see if that was the issue but same problem. Also tried a different monitor and got the same result. I have seen nothing on this online and hoping i am not the only one who has this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am running a GTX 2070 with ryzen 7 CPU.

30 minutes ago, Hunt1990 said:

Has anyone had issued with clouds in the microsoft flight sim 2020? Mine seem to be pixelated and not forming correctly. My frame rate is around 35-40 but the clouds look pretty bad. I have dialled settings to low to see if that was the issue but same problem. Also tried a different monitor and got the same result. I have seen nothing on this online and hoping i am not the only one who has this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am running a GTX 2070 with ryzen 7 CPU.

Have you installed the latest nVidia drivers? The latest version is specific for FS2020.

Edited by V2-Rotate

I think it depends on the time of day. According to the lighting at that time it looks good or not that good.

What my problem is though, I can climb through a massive overcast with fps around 40 in an airliner. When passing the highest layer of cloud the very light clouds on top (not sure how to describe) I get a massive fps drop down to low 20 or even below.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, V2-Rotate said:

Have you installed the latest nVidia drivers? The latest version is specific for FS2020.

All drivers up to date.

2 minutes ago, onurair said:

I think it depends on the time of day. According to the lighting at that time it looks good or not that good.

What my problem is though, I can climb through a massive overcast with fps around 40 in an airliner. When passing the highest layer of cloud the very light clouds on top (not sure how to describe) I get a massive fps drop down to low 20 or even below.

I have not noticed that fps for me usually does up. Doesnt matter what time of day it is, around the edges of the clouds they are all pixels and not smooth. worse when in a thunderstorm as the flash from the lightning highlights it even more. 

Why don't you show us in a screenshot?

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

19 minutes ago, onurair said:

I’m getting the exact same problem. Great above and below. But in the clouds I get a slideshow. 

• Like 1

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Comparison between live weather high clouds and scattered on the same location on screenshots.
I9 9900@5.1 with HT, 32Gb 3800Mhz Ram, 2070S on NVME 512 Gb, 3120x2160 resolution, FPS locked at 30 with RTSS

Screenshot-80.png

Screenshot-81.png

Chances are your GPU is loaded, and those cloud particles just push it over the edge. Did you check GPU usage? I don't think it's likely, but it would be plausible.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

9 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

Chances are your GPU is loaded, and those cloud particles just push it over the edge. Did you check GPU usage? I don't think it's likely, but it would be plausible.

in the screen shot the GPU usage is 86%. That is a fair point but get the same issue when i put all the settings down to low and would expect usage at that level to be lower.