Sign in to follow this  
Guest gnarvster

Antialias will not turn off?

Guest gnarvster

Ive got a Radeon 9800 with the newest drivers, winxp sp2 and FSX.To get a better framerate I'd like to turn antialias off. I have it set to "Application" in the Radeon drivers for DirectX, and i have deselected the antialias in FSX. However, It still antialiases the plane models! It looks great, but something keeps me from shutting it off.I have also checked the cfg file, and antialiasing is set to 0 there.Strange problem dont you think?

Just out of curiosity why not shut it off in the Ati controll panel?Also if you have it set as described what makes you think its applied?If you have your resolution set fairly high you probably won't need it.

Guest LAzerxxx

Nameless,I might be repeating what was said above, but to further his explanation, go to the setup for your card and instead of putting your AA on controlled by app., just turn it off alltogether. Now if you're like me and you play many different games on your comp then you might want to leave it set to controlled by app. and find a work-around.And Denny if I am just repeating what you were trying to say my apologies, not trying to step on ya bro.Hope this helps.Happy Flying, Hayden Lee Laffoonhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

Guest SilverCircle

>I might be repeating what was said above, but to further his>explanation, go to the setup for your card and instead of>putting your AA on controlled by app., just turn it off>alltogether. Now if you're like me and you play many different>games on your comp then you might want to leave it set to>controlled by app. and find a work-around.The "workaround" is to install the ATI tray tools - something everyone using a ATI card should do anyway - and create game profiles. This is a very convient way to apply a given set of settings with a single click, and optionally a profile could even launch the game itself. For those concerned about running background applications in the system tray while simming - this utility doesn't have any impact on system performance and it even has an option to terminate itself after activating a profile.It also allows to set some advanced video driver options, and, compared to that ugly and bloated ATI control center (which is the only thing I hate on ATI cards), it uses 1/10 of the resources.

Guest gnarvster

Absoultely. I use ATI Tray tools exaclty for that reason. I don't like the new control center. But in tray tools there is no setting to turn aa off, it only has "Application Controlled" "2x" "4x" and "6x"The reason i think it is on is because the plane model is antialiased :) It's not difficult to spot at 1024x768.I just don't understand why I cannot turn it completely off. It is a s if some setting somewhere enables it whatever I do :(

Guest gnarvster

Update:When i choose 2x AA I get more jaggies, which means that with everything turned off it still uses high AA, 4x or 6x i cannot really tell which.This is just very strange. I don't get it.