Sign in to follow this  
ZenMusic

How to choose a Star

I'm flying ILS on MS FS 2020 with no problems. I create a Arrival to a ILS Runway and departure with no problem.

But them it asks me to choose a Star from a list. How do I decide which to select?

thanks

for example I'm flying into LAX  RW 25L  ILS ...

I would choose to fly through  GAATE and then LIMMA

I would also choose CLPUR as a waypoint.

How would I know which Star has it .. ANJLL4 BASET5 SIGBR3 BOGET2 BRUEN2  DIRBY1  etc. and in the list presented to me by MS FS 2020.

Edited by ZenMusic

5 hours ago, ZenMusic said:

How do I decide which to select?

You have two alternatives: the first one is using Navigraph Charts (payware) that allows you to see all the STARs linked to a specific runaway / waypoint (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pf0dddQ5Qg) or you can use the free charts issued by FAA ( LAX Airport ) or the equivalent European authorities: in this case you have to find the STAR that connects your last waypoint to the runaway you are landing. Checking the STARs, I didn't find one specific for CLPUR, the closest one are SEAVU TWO and SNSTT TWO up to SEAVU waypoint.

Sometimes STARs are not directly connected to an arrival, in that case I suppose you get vectors from ATC. 

i9-11900K (5.3 GHz), 64 GB RAM (DDR4 3600), RTX 3070, 1 TB (M.2 SSD). Windows 10 Pro. Installed Sims: MSFS 2020.

Thanks for information. The youtube video is great , I'll probably subscribe to Navigraph.

Edited by ZenMusic