Sign in to follow this  
SirDan

Complete list of Photo-realistic cities currently in MSFS202

Las Cruces, NM and Dothan, Alabama... I'd like to see how the developers made their decisions.

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

1 minute ago, SceneryFX said:

Las Cruces, NM and Dothan, Alabama... I'd like to see how the developers made their decisions.

They didn't. Bing Maps made them.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SceneryFX said:

Las Cruces, NM

Don't praise it until you've flown there.  Or just check it out on Bing maps.  Zoom in slowly until the color changes.

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Well, they left cities out unless those are the only cities they had photogrammetry for, which is odd if that is true. 

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

Those are the only cities they publish photogrammetry for on the Earth 3d Viewer. And that list hasn't been updated, as far as I can tell, since 2014. Apparently they (or their 3rd party partners) are creating more but the evidence for this seems a little thin.

Hard to believe my little community of Punta Gorda, Florida, which is just across the river from Port Charlotte made it on the list.  We 18,000 Floridians appreciate it and as I flew over my house this afternoon I saw my boat at the dock.

Just noticed that my two other "home towns" are on the list: Tacoma, WA (40-years there) and San Diego (10-years there) 

However, flying over Tacoma in a C 152 at 2,000' does not look so good to me 

Edited by TacomaSailor

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

I fly mostly in Florida from KVDF in Tampa glad to see Florida is well covered.

4 hours ago, SirDan said:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1tUFC3huqqKhPGJqt2szoLNocFyNZnucx&ll=-1.6538884343610288e-13%2C-106.14124334999997&z=2

credit goes to u/zebenji82  over on r/flightsim

It's odd that all the Australian ones are sort of second-rank cities, not the big 1 million plus ones.

Not that I'm complaining - I live in Canberra and they've done an amazing job with  it.

6 minutes ago, Malcolm Street said:

Flew over Canberra the other day and they have done a great job indeed. Was able to easily navigate myself around the city using VFR. Will fly around the gong tonight. I have been there quite a lot so interested to see how that looks