Sign in to follow this  
XMAN

This aint cheap

2 hours ago, rtodepart said:

There’s also the cheapest option: paper airplanes.......

But you'd have to buy paper!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, XMAN said:

then i would have to get the delux 120$

Why ? If you haven't got a pot to p%$ss in, why go for the most expensive option ? Champaign taste...Beer wages ?

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

3 minutes ago, Flyfaster said:

If you think this is expensive try flying REAL airplanes! 🙂

yup the day you but the thing and the day you sell it are the best days of airplane ownership . renting is wayyy cheaper . my first airplane was a Diamond DA20 only kept the plane for one year . owning the plane is lots of fun but not cheap . 

Edited by rtodepart

Image removed as image is no longer available.

you can buy a 1962 c172 right now for 25k bucks  😛

Edited by SirDan

1 minute ago, SirDan said:

you can buy a 1962 c172 right now for 25k bucks  😛

those cheap old deals are sometimes great but can go south in a heartbeat . A good friend just got  a 150 for 17k$ as of last friday he's 33k$ deep into this thing already . 

• Like 1

Image removed as image is no longer available.

I will say this hobby isn’t cheap (many aren’t). But have you considered how much $$$ it would take to make any other sim look like MSFS? IMO it’s a bargain compared to that.

4 hours ago, styckx said:

You can, it will be reduced to generic scenery. 

No you can't.  If you try to use it offline you will be asked to insert a disk.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

4 minutes ago, andyjohnston.net said:

This might be one of the most under reported issues , I have seen that could effect people to not be able to play the game at all. 

3 hours ago, rtodepart said:

There’s also the cheapest option: paper airplanes.......

Actually, your imagination is cheaper.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

2 hours ago, FlyBaby said:

And the 4K TV to go along with that card...

Its adding up...but MSFS is so worth it.

LoL...So True!

Chris Camp

14 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

To the OP, wait until the new XBOX is released and this game is released with the XBOX. You can save a lot of money and avoid buying a PC just for this (the XBOX will be much cheaper than a PC).

As for the Internet, also wait until the XBOX is released and this game is released for it and then find out at that time if manual cache works.  If manual cache works, you can potentially save money on an expensive internet connection by downloading the area you want to fly in.

However the cons of an XBOX and primarily using manual cache are:

1. If you fly outside your manual cache region, then with a poor internet connection, you may see poor scenery in other places

2. It’s uncertain if add ons and other interfaces for MSFS will work on the XBox.  For example, will VATSIM work with XBox?  What about some of the community mods?  If they don’t work with XBOX, you lose out in these additional features for MSFS.

3. Not all PC flight sticks and periperhals may work with XBOX so you have less selection of flight sticks to choose from.

Not sure why people aren’t being constructive and telling the OP that you can play this game for much cheaper because you can when the new XBOX comes out and this game is released for the new XBOX.

Thankyou i will keep an eye on this option 

• Like 1

I believe if you are near a cell tower, you can pick up a inexpensive  router to get WIFI on it - don't know if this would sufficient for FS2020 internet demands???    

15 hours ago, styckx said:

Not sure if this was intended for me or not since you didn't quote anyone. Just in case it was for me.

Nope. sorry, it was meant for the TC (thread creator).

The mods do a very good job in here, what I really dislike is the fact that so many negative threads, are getting attacked by some others, worse so many followers bump them with thumbs up. Many of the negative threads are first time FS posters and thankfully the mods tolerate them, while some hard-core FS fans  don`t. I don`t care in this case about the freedom of speech, I just learn how society might also get like in the future and it feels like a sect. I follow FS a little because there could be some potential, when real professional add-on developers might put a realistic Boeing in the game. Real stream or cached online data with good sim physics might be something to look forward to.

Here is a nice video, it shows how frustrating things can be dealing with FS: It clearly shows, the errors could be circumvent by the user, but it was frustrating and in the end it was the player who did the programmers job.

YouTube

11 hours ago, andyjohnston.net said:

If the ones would have inserted neurological connections, this might have also helped.