Sign in to follow this  
Daytona125

No developer planes yet?

Is everyone happy with the default aircraft?

You can just as well fly on a broomstick or a log and enjoy the views.😆

Better to use a drone so the autopilot doesn't kill you.

Maybe only Cessna is worthy of attention. I'm really looking forward to Aerosoft and PMDG planes

I would like to find out from Dave how things are with P3Dv5.1

Edited by BMW969
  • Like 3

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

13 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Now, this is PRECISELY why I laughed hysterically at all the posts from flight simmers about:

- Not needing addons any more (I mean, that was insanity run amok, it really was).

- Telling everyone they had removed P3D / X-Plane,

- Informing the world they were buying addons for P3D / X-Plane anymore,

and other nonsense.

You can think it's "nonsense" all you want, but I'm quite happy with the new MSFS.  I'm also happy with leaving FSX, P3D, and all of my addons for both behind too.

Do you represent Aerosoft?  Because if so then you might want to rethink how you are doing so in the public space....

• Like 2

Dave got it right when it comes to airplanes.

It is necessary to speak separately about the landscape and the airplanes.

Please share which aircraft are you delighted with? Maybe the plane is not the main element of  MFS ?

13 hours ago, Daytona125 said:

Come on developers give us something!anything to fly. The canned Microsoft planes are pretty much a joke when we are used to planes like A2A, milviz! PMDG, Leonardo MadDog HotStart and many others. PLEASE come up with something soon. Please.

When you consider the fact FSL can't even get all their planes to work in P3D v5 yet (yes we are still waiting on the A319 as it is still only compatible with P3D v4.5), it is going to take them I would guess at least a year or two. They are the absolute worst with product update timelines.

Nevermind the fact that they have refused to comment on MSFS in some months and locked the thread in which users were talking about it with a forum mod saying they have nothing further to say on the sim.

Edited by B777ER

Eric 

13 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

- Telling everyone they had removed P3D / X-Plane,

- Informing the world they were buying addons for P3D / X-Plane anymore,

XPlane is for me, absolutely and categorically not worth any more money or any more time maintaining it, now that I'm a couple of weeks in with MFS.

XPlane owes me nothing, it has been a joy and given me years of pleasure and some great memorable moments.

But I'll take the stock MFS TBM or 172 into that living breathing sky with its proper weather and proper lighting and live traffic and great scenery for ONE DOLLAR before I'm forking over more money for XPlane.

Spending more money on XPlane right now simply isn't good value, I don't want the payware aircraft in XP I want them in MFS and guess what Dave, I ain't buying them for both. I'll wait.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Don't dissolve planes in the landscape. The surrounding world is of a different level.  It cannot be denied.

But the planes there are primitive.. and decent models to wait for a very long time. In MFS, you can enjoy landscapes, clouds, lighting, but not working in the cockpit.

Edited by BMW969

15 minutes ago, BMW969 said:

But the planes there are primitive..

Nah, they're not. Planes like the stock TBM or 172 are totally fine for 90% of MSFS users.

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, BMW969 said:

But the planes there are primitive and decent models to wait for a very long time. 

If the stock airbus gets zibo'd and carenado crank out a few more half decent props then all anyone is waiting for is a boeing.

We could be living the dream by xmas 😉

There'll be a legacy market for the old sims running on old hardware and a growing one for MFS. It's honestly about time too.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Irish said:

If the stock airbus gets zibo'd and carenado crank out a few more half decent props then all anyone is waiting for is a boeing.

We could be living the dream by xmas 😉

There'll be a legacy market for the old sims running on old hardware and a growing one for MFS. It's honestly about time too.

Dave predicts 12 months. Too bad it took so long. I like Airbus Aerosoft.

2 hours ago, Chock said:

One of the things which I must admit makes me laugh a lot, is that over the years, loads of people (me included on occasion) have had a pop at Carenado. Now to be fair, some of it has been justified, yet we have tons of developers saying they can't do anything because of a lack of an SDK. But in spite of this, the developer who comes in for some of the most stick managed to get a payware aeroplane out within a week of the main sim being launched. Granted it wasn't a 747, but their 182 nevertheless works flawlessly and incorporates the new features of the sim. 🤣

I guess someone forgot to send Carenado the memo about sitting there crying about not having an SDK instead of just getting on with it. Meanwhile, others are knocking out free stuff which is doing a similarly excellent job of making the allegedly talented developers look like they're not quite as good as they would have you believe.

Carenado is using all stock gauges, systems and flight dynamics from the default aircraft.  Note: not saying this is bad, per se but...

The bit about Tigers and Shermans....  It would take 5-6 Shermans to take out one Tiger (Fury was not realistic FYI)....  so yes.. We did win but... the cost... horrors.

• Like 1

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

1 hour ago, BMW969 said:

But the planes there are primitive.. and decent models to wait for a very long time. In MFS, you can enjoy landscapes, clouds, lighting, but not working in the cockpit.

In your opinion maybe, but I'm enjoying flying all of the default MFS aircraft and I think Asobo did a great job with most of them.  Flying them in cockpit has been a wonderful experience for me.

There seems to be an odd thing going on with some Avsim members about what is "acceptable" for default aircraft in sims today.  Were people expecting PMDG levels of detail and refinement for every single default plane or something?

For the record, I own all of the A2A GA planes for P3D, and I STILL think Asobo did a great job with the planes in MFS.

Edited by Mengy
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

There is a huge difference between gamers, casual simmers, those who play around with airliners and those who go for a full up simulation experience in aircraft such as the the very first post in this thread, which is what this thread is supposed and the context in which I posted.

Just because we each have our own perspective on what flight sim is (to us), doesn't make it "okay", even in social media, to ignore the context of a reply to a thread.  Now, if those who replied to my post are not familiar with the aircraft cited in the first post then I can see their points, however it does not change the true context of the first post nor my reply which was in context to the first post.  If you can't or won't take statements in context, that doesn't make them any less true.

One of the strengths and something which sets flight sim apart from other games/hobbies is how diversified it is and how different people can enjoy it. But when someone pops in to offer insight, it shouldn't be rejected simply because you won't take it in context.

Best wishes.

Edited by DaveCT2003
  • Like 2

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

44 minutes ago, Milviz said:

Carenado is using all stock gauges, systems and flight dynamics from the default aircraft.  Note: not saying this is bad, per se but...

Just curious, but is that even legal to essentially repackage a default aircraft and sell it?

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

6 minutes ago, Mengy said:

<snip>There seems to be an odd thing going on with some Avsim members about what is "acceptable" for default aircraft in sims today.  Were people expecting PMDG levels of detail and refinement for every single default plane or something?</snip>

Reading some of the threads here there was a bit of thought I have seen thrown around with terms of "Payware level aircraft and airports" I would not say it is certainly the expectation of a majority of people here but there was some people who through either the marketing hyperbole or implied videos that this would in fact be the case.  I would say my expectations fell into like with like X-Plane level.