Sign in to follow this  
JughedJones

Im gonna post this again because I think It's Important

I have an i7 7770k @ 4.9 on all cores HT on. 1080ti, 16g of DDD4, running off an SSD, at 1440p

I was getting kind of crippling stutters where my all my cores on the CPU would go to a 100% and everything was worthless. I could still enjoy the experience somewhat, but it was really annoying. 

It was kind of like XEnviro loading in clouds and everything shutting down for a second.   Really took you out of the sim.

This fix got it for me where there is no more crippling stuttering.  Even on load in.   It's almost perfectly smooth the entire time now.  

I know this has been thrown around a few times on this board, but I think it's worth making another thread because of how much it worked for me.  It wont work for some, that's the nature of PC software, especially sims of this scope, but it knocked out all of my stuttering issues almost 100%

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

I sincerely hope this helps a couple folks as much as it did me.  

I'm pretty much perfect now on 'High/Ultra' settings at 1440p

12 minutes ago, JughedJones said:

I know this has been thrown around a few times on this board, but I think it's worth making another thread because of how much it worked for me.  It wont work for some, that's the nature of PC software, especially sims of this scope, but it knocked out all of my stuttering issues almost 100%

Sounds like a sneaky way to get people to pay attention to the pay version of "Process Lasso". I woud never tinker with my operating system/MSFS 2020 installation unless the fix comes from Asobo or Microsoft. 

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Sounds like a sneaky way to get people to pay attention to the pay version of "Process Lasso". I woud never tinker with my operating system/MSFS 2020 installation unless the fix comes from Asobo or Microsoft. 

That's cool, man. 

I never got an indication that I should buy anything from that app. 

It just buttered my sim out.        Not saying anyone has to do it.    I just want to pass on what made me so freaking happy! 

Edit:    If you wanna hear what I think is a cool payware app for MSFS,  OneAir Company is giving me a lot of joy. 

Its a streamlined FS Economy and a lot of fun. 

OneAir?   My DMs are open and I will accept a free subscription for my advertisement. 

Edited by JughedJones
  • Like 1

Tweaking is fun.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Nice that this helps.

Maybe this can be posted / moved to the 'Tips & Tricks' section, and maybe  added to the '50 ways to reduce stutters thread' (to be the 51st way ) .. then it can be found back later for everyone with more ease.

Always have fun --0-- Flight Sim Navigation

When FS2004 came out, "performance guides" started to sprout like mushrooms on a rainy day. Most of them didn't do a thing, often belabored the obvious and served more to highlight the writer' supposed PC-Credentials than actually doing any good.

I remember some flightsim big shot writing like a 200 page guide, 180 pages of which were devoted to telling us what a knowledgeable person he was and basically how he didn't care what we peasants thought. 

I guess these fun times are back again!

Thanks for posting this.  I will give it a go later. 👍

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

18 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

When FS2004 came out, "performance guides" started to sprout like mushrooms on a rainy day. Most of them didn't do a thing, often belabored the obvious and served more to highlight the writer' supposed PC-Credentials than actually doing any good.

I remember some flightsim big shot writing like a 200 page guide, 180 pages of which were devoted to telling us what a knowledgeable person he was and basically how he didn't care what we peasants thought. 

I guess these fun times are back again!

Man. You always find a way of having pessimistic take on things. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Skepticism is a sign of intelligence, perhaps? ))

Edited by Dirk98

1 minute ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

This can't be done in any other way other than with Process Lasso?

I doubt it, PL has a few of unique features.

1 hour ago, JughedJones said:

I have an i7 7770k @ 4.9 on all cores HT on. 1080ti, 16g of DDD4, running off an SSD, at 1440p

I was getting kind of crippling stutters where my all my cores on the CPU would go to a 100% and everything was worthless. I could still enjoy the experience somewhat, but it was really annoying. 

It was kind of like XEnviro loading in clouds and everything shutting down for a second.   Really took you out of the sim.

This fix got it for me where there is no more crippling stuttering.  Even on load in.   It's almost perfectly smooth the entire time now.  

I'm going to install PL and I haven't touched it last 3 years. Please remind me can you assign AM to PL itself?

Thanks.

One question? Where do we find the .exe in the X-Box Store install? (Yes I know all about the steam version)

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!