Sign in to follow this  
JughedJones

Im gonna post this again because I think It's Important

4 hours ago, ThomseN_inc said:

The only and first thing that turned MSFS into a real enjoyable experience for me was setting and getting used to play it in 30Hz. I admit i was sceptic at first but i wouldn't run it any other way now. 4k, all settings on ultra with no stutters (except some Carenado things) and absolutely smooth. Give it a try. No need for third party "performance fixes" and stuff like that.

Indeed.

Just be aware a lot of 144 hz screens have a minimum of 48 fps meaning you need to enable vsync/gsync if you are going to limit yourself to 30 fps .

My suspicion is a lot of the "30 fps is horrible" comments are people running on a screen that does not support 30 fps.

• Like 2

On 9/1/2020 at 6:26 AM, G-RFRY said:

This is about as heavy as you can get note the GPU usage 8GB will not do the job.

Screenshot (397)

This 4K ULTRA HD full on.

Ouch!

Time for that 3090 24GB card!

Chris Camp

1 minute ago, Kilo60 said:

Ouch!

Time for that 3090 24GB card!

For technical reasons we do not need to go into the practical RAM variations of the current 30xx series of GPUs are:

3060 series 6GB/12GB

3070 series 8GB/16GB

3080 series 10GB/20GB

However the 16Gb 3070 and 20GB 3080 are delayed.

I dont even have the game yet but I still bookmarked this! I know I'll need it when I take the plunge. Thank you 😃

3 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

For technical reasons we do not need to go into the practical RAM variations of the current 30xx series of GPUs are:

3060 series 6GB/12GB

3070 series 8GB/16GB

3080 series 10GB/20GB

However the 16Gb 3070 and 20GB 3080 are delayed.

Judging by what the 8Gb card is doing on my machine it seems like 16Gb will be very good, and 20Gb more than good.  24Gb seems like VRAM that will rarely be used.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Updates since that shot just after release have slightly improved things, i use 4K ULTRA+ settings but only use GA 350 king and i only fly when an update has released to check it out, i fly PMDG IFR in P3Dv5.1hf. 

PS i have no intension of buy a GPU at the moment 6 months or more, and i have just been reading Nvidia are not making founders addition for the new GPUs and leaving it to the AIB partners, could this be a sign that Nvidia are turning there attention to the 4000 series to counter AMD.

PPS the AIB partners have all increased prices for the GPUs because they can.   

Edited by G-RFRY

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

6 hours ago, ThrottleUp said:

I dont even have the game yet but I still bookmarked this! I know I'll need it when I take the plunge. Thank you 😃

the original change no longer does much, they fixed the issue but process lasso is still useful for other reasons like setting CPU and IO priority.

• Like 1

This fix reminds me of the ads in the back of certain magazines:

"Huge performance boost! Last all night! She'll smile all day!"

10 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

Updates since that shot just after release have slightly improved things, i use 4K ULTRA+ settings but only use GA 350 king and i only fly when an update has released to check it out, i fly PMDG IFR in P3Dv5.1hf. 

PS i have no intension of buy a GPU at the moment 6 months or more, and i have just been reading Nvidia are not making founders addition for the new GPUs and leaving it to the AIB partners, could this be a sign that Nvidia are turning there attention to the 4000 series to counter AMD.

PPS the AIB partners have all increased prices for the GPUs because they can.   

I definitely want the 380Ti which will easily cover MSFS's requirements, far exceeds P3D 4.5's GPU needs.  It's pretty amazing so often w/ the lowly 2070 Super I'm quite fine so yes 3080Ti will still be overkill IMO, at least for how I'm set up, which is all at Ultra except a few GPU-dominant attributes, primarily shadow quality, reflections, and volumetric clouds, and even there I just need to turn down to High in certain settings.  It seems the main reason to upgrade is to not have to stop and adjust....ever, which would be nice.

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

1 hour ago, Noel said:

I definitely want the 380Ti which will easily cover MSFS's requirements, far exceeds P3D 4.5's GPU needs.  It's pretty amazing so often w/ the lowly 2070 Super I'm quite fine so yes 3080Ti will still be overkill IMO, at least for how I'm set up, which is all at Ultra except a few GPU-dominant attributes, primarily shadow quality, reflections, and volumetric clouds, and even there I just need to turn down to High in certain settings.  It seems the main reason to upgrade is to not have to stop and adjust....ever, which would be nice.

If you are talking 3080ti likely price will exceed $1200 manufactures have warned about price increases in the pipe line, new MB next gen 1,800 hundred top end.    

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

15 hours ago, Noel said:

Judging by what the 8Gb card is doing on my machine it seems like 16Gb will be very good, and 20Gb more than good.  24Gb seems like VRAM that will rarely be used.

Until DX12 comes...!

Chris Camp

Meh I’ve seen 13GB VRAM used on my rig.

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

6 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

Until DX12 comes...!

I don't think the impact will be nearly what it's been hyped to be.  There will be some significant impact, but once again, I'm running nearly all settings at ULTRA 100/200/200 8x/16x on an 8Gb card.  I don't believe MS/Asobo will want to vastly exceed what 90% of their user base can accommodate in the way of VRAM.

The other reality and it's huge:  many sliders hardly impact the visuals anyway.  One can dial back certain sliders for example affecting shadow quality, the impact will be very significant on GPU and VRAM utilization, and yet you can't even tell you changed it from Ultra to High.

Edited by Noel

Noel

5 hours ago, kurtb said:

? you must use very low res.

3440x1440

Noel