Sign in to follow this  
Guest babua

Will the next person please introduce himself/herself.....lol.....

I AM finding this whole FSX beef and/or entertainment fest quite amusing. Why?Here's why, lol.....we all go out and buy a $79.00 program...and not soon after we get home...ALL OF US....are whipping out the plastic towards pre-Christmas meltdown....spending hundreds of dollars to get that $79.00 FSX vunderbar to the point it will suspend disbelief (30 plus frames...) with all the sliders going 'West'. Gawd, we are all F.S. junkies!I just ordered $257.99 more in RAM modules (2 GB) just because I want to pump a few more FPS. Next, it will be an XT1950XTX 512 meg. I wonder if all this could be tax deductible when in the throes of divorce proceedings??!? Hmmmm.........I'd think that most other 'gamers' (I wince at that word when referencing flight simulation...) would think we'd need deep emotional counseling, for all the POST FSX RELEASE DATE systems being bought, and upgrades in situ...and ALL for one program, ROTFLMBO! I DO include myself in this.....jeez......lol.(I stand up...and clear my throat) "Hello, my name is Mitch, and I am a Flight Simulation simo-holic...."."Hello Mitch, welcome to the circle...now please take a seat and let the next guy/gal introduce himself/herself....." Ya have to maintain a sense of humor in all of this......whew....Cheers!Mitch R.

Guest Jimbofly

My name is James Gallagher, and I'm also a flightsim junkie!/sits back downJames

>Next, it will be an XT1950XTX>512 meg. Don't do it, don't do it! That's one expensive DX9 card! Wait for the DX10 cards unless you want to be spending as much again next year :D

What a breath of fresh air you are, Mitch :)Say what you like about the good Capt'n, but I'm sure many of us older LAGS ( ladies and gentlemen ;) ) miss those days of spirited and humorous banter between individuals such as yourself.Best regards,Mike

ROTFLMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!Thumb's up!:)(Mitch gets down, spreads a line of FPS...and snorts.....)LOLOLOLOLOL....Mitch R.

Hi,I'm an ecconomically challenged college student, so just buying this sim was hard enough for me. And my only computer is a Pentium M 1.86Ghz laptop, which means that I'm stuck with my RADEON X600 128MB graphics card. I was led to Avsim when I was in search of FSX tweaks, as I wanted to get my FPS out of the single digits. But now I'm enjoying this sim, and getting ok frame rates, even with pretty high graphic settings, thanks to many of the suggestions that I found here. I've been a girl gamer for many years, but I'm not much of a simmer yet, so I'm slowly working my way through the missions, trying to figure out how to fly this beast.~ Arwen ~

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Paul, my hand is shaking upon my wallet....I feel it lifting out of my pocket...the other hand reaching for the phone....."ATI...can ya help a guy out...."...Have you been assigned to me via the buddy system?!?;)Perhaps we can help each other overcome this dire addiction!!! I'll promise not to call you at three o'clock in the morning, looking for some FPS.....Mitch'er

Mike, feel free to add a few laughs! Man..could this forum use some!By the way..did you hear the one about.....Cheers!Mitch

Finally a thread that made me laugh, thank you, it ashame the good old days of friendly banter are gone, but hopefully they'll be back.Ian.

Hey Mitch, don't despair!Ignore those poor misguided souls, I've got some good FPS over here...very pure and guaranteed to keep that addiction boiling for some time to come....zipideedoodazipideeday........ Cheers!Mike :-halo

You are MOST welcome here, Arwen! Here's a party hat...it's about time all of us threw a party.........and just FLY....the sim, the each of us....either smooth, shaking, jerky, about to crash, about to land,...hey how about just for fun....The hardware will catch up. The fun can start NOW!:)We hope you stick around.Mitch R.

You crack me up!Ten FOUR!LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!Have a great day, Mike. I intend to!Mitch'er

Oh dear God thank you! Finally, a thread with a bunch of sane people in it.Okay, maybe not sane, but at least you all have a sense of humor about this whole thing....Cheers!GG

Guest Jock in a Frock

>I wonder if all this could be tax deductible when in>the throes of divorce proceedings??!? Hmmmm....Take my word for it, no....My name's Andy and I'm an alcoholic....Sorry, wrong forum. ;)

Guest saudi_777

My name is Asim Daffa, and I'm a shisha-holic, if that's of any relevance!! :-lolNice thread you got here, Mitch. :-hah :)Regards,