Sign in to follow this  
Guest babua

Will the next person please introduce himself/herself.....lol.....

"Hello, my name is CanadaOne and I am a flightsim-aholic."I just traded in 2x512 RAM plus a chunk o'change for 2x1024. I wanted it anyway, but my prime motivation was to improve FSX.On the other hand I don't go to bars and I only drink one or two beer a night, so I figure I'm just spending my unused portion of booze money on flightsims.

Guest Dupo24

Hi, I'm Dupo, and I'm addicted to the computer. My wife has sued FSX and Nascar Racing 2003 on the grounds that these pieces of software has been "Detrimental to the sacrement of Marriage."Now If I can get some of that settlement money to build a rig to play FSX on, that'd be great!

Guest FxF3

They call me Bruce. But I don't answer them.:) Great post Mitch.

Hi, I'm Tony and have had the same problem since the early 80's and it has not got any better. I have two folders (real ones)full of bills of all the stuff I paid for since this all started and I told my wife "when I die just look in there and see where all my retired Air Force checks went". At age 77 I know the end is near and I hope the guy upstairs gives me a pass.See you all on the other side with my own wings !!!!

Guest sailingwill

Hi, my name is Will and I to am a FS junkie! This FSX thing is a mess, thanks for the laugh!

Guest SimFan71

** Stands up **My name is Andy and I am a Flight-Simo-Holic!There I did it!I've been playing these simulators really since the very early one's in the mid-80's, it's always fun to look back at screenshots from the older games and marvel at just how far Flight Simulator has come, and remember how with every single version we were like 'wow' it's amazing! LOL. If that isn't an addiction I don't know what is.Ironically, I always had people at work trying to get me into things like WoW (World of Worcraft), and I always said, no --- I'd get too into them and get too addicted....what I really meant was, I already have an addiction that takes a lot of my spare time!!! heheThanks Mitch for a great and refreshing thread, and for the humor!

>>I wonder if all this could be tax deductible when in>>the throes of divorce proceedings??!? Hmmmm....>>Take my word for it, no....>>My name's Andy and I'm an alcoholic....>>Sorry, wrong forum. ;)LOL, too funny!!Taxiing down the tarmac, the jetliner abruptly stopped, turned around and returned to the gate.After an hour-long wait, it finally took off.A concerned passenger asked the flight attendant, "What was the problem?""The pilot was bothered by a noise he heard in the engine," explained the Flight Attendant, ".....and it took us a while to find a new pilot." :-) Regards, MichaelKDFW

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 / AMD

Best, Michael

KDFW

I probably qualify as an FS Junkie. But I'm better off than some of you (I'm in denial, hehe), I don't spend hundreds of $$ on add-ons.At least for now, my wallet is fully closed and my hand is not going there for any upgrades. I guess I have control. :) Yes, that's right. I have control. Can't you tell?RhettAMD 3700+ (@2.5 ghz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (94.47), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest The_Pharoah

*stands up*Hi all, I'm Justin - I usually go by the nick The_Pharoah coz I couldn't be bothered registering as anything else. I live/work in Bris, Aust and am a flight sim-a holic. Actually my wife accused me of being 'addicted to my computer' but I disagre...err...well...sorta. Anywho, I'm a big fan of FS. My specs are:AMD24001gig RAM128mb 6600GT GeForcemobo not worth mentioningIf I'm lucky I get 15fps otherwise 10fps on landing. I fly mainly in Aust because I know it so well or otherwise Fiji (from there originally).Pleased to meet y'all. :)

Guest FxF3

Bump because the good thread get buried under the gripe threads.:-)

Guest rmce

Hi,I am RonMac, sometimes known as rmce, or whatever name I used to join Avsim about three hundered years ago.I am from Glasgow, Scotland, and was a Beta tester on Fs98!This thread is so needed.I have been around old Compuserve forums, and at various times over the six hundred years on this forum, we have had a laugh, fell about at others stupidity, and just enjoyed logging in.I include myself in the stupid stakes. I finally realised that there was a filter on the flight plan screen to take you back to full airport list. This realization happened 3 months ago! So, since Bruce Artwick days, I have been menu clicking totally unecessarily, a wee arrow!What a plonker!I am a junkie.I have a rest every so often form simholic behaviour, but relapse. FSFX has brought a total relapse.Wether, it takes 10 or 20 seconds to load something, does not define my existence. This is for FUN. After a hard day at coal face, I want to relax, late at night, and just fly somehwere.FSX, for me is working....frame rates are Ok, I can handle aircraft, and I am ENJOYING myself!Lets get back to the days where we enjoyed each other company on this forum.Have a laugh...thats what its really about.

Guest babua

I am santanu from mumbai India (no no please, i dont take those activations calls who asks how many grand children you have before giving out the code)Like all old men I love FS and Tig Bitties

Guest The_Pharoah

>Like all old men I love FS and Tig Bittieswhat he said! :(