Sign in to follow this  
embraercaptain

Auto Pilot Issues ( ALT hold )

I have tried just about every scenario i could think of and yet i still have a auto pilot that will either go past altitude selected or below it .This occurs with any vertical mode.

I recently saw a post on here about a wondering altitude to issue . I downloaded that cab to see if that fixed the problem but with no success .

In order for me to CAP ALT i have to push the button or it will continue climb or descent is there something i am missing here.

p3d v5 h2 , i7 9700k , RTX 2070 Extreme \32 gb ram \ 6gb hybrid hdd \

You haven't outlined what your altitude capture procedure is, so just to make sure we are on the same page:

To climb or descend to an altitude you should:

1. Set the target altitude into the altitude Preselect window in the altimeter.

2. Turn on the AP with the ENG button (R P), and push ALTSEL  (ARM)

3. Put the Lear into a climb or descent and than select either V/S (ON) or IAS (IAS)

4. When the Lear gets within close to the target altitude the ALTSEL display should go to (CAP)

5. Finally, the ALTSEL display should turn off and ALT HLD should turn on (ALTHLD) as the Lear levels off at the target altitude.

Did altitude capture ever work, say with a previous version of the Lear or a previous sim, or is this the first time you have been using the Lear? 

Do some of the other AP modes work, like HDG and NAV?

BTW, the current Lear version is 4.3c.

Al

Edited by ark

i use the procedures you just listed . The problem is instead of the AP going to CAP it remains on ALT SEL ARM and it continues on past the input altitude Btw all lateral modes work fine

.To answer your question i have had your lear for some time . This only occurred after the last update to 4.3c

avid flyer.

1 hour ago, embraercaptain said:

To answer your question i have had your lear for some time . This only occurred after the last update to 4.3c

OK, then I would have to suspect some type of install issue. If it were me I would probably try uninstalling the Lear, deleting any files that remained in the Lear's install location, and then reinstalling the Lear.

However, before doing the uninstall/install I would try deleting any saved flights, and loading the default F-35 first, and then switching to the Lear. This seems to help with initializing variables and has solved some AP problems in the past.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

ok i dont use the default f-35 i am strictly a civilian flyer. So my default actually is the alabeo cessna 441 , parked at KACK.  As for the install uninstall bit.  I  not only uninstalled it but i also removed any registry entries . I use a program called Glaryutilities.com to clean registry and any errors that may occur after a uninstall or install . Do  you think perhaps it could do with default gps 1000 soft key entries or just default autopilot entries . Does the lear use the default auto pilot or does it use parameters outside of  P3d  ? I am asking because Several other aircraft i have

does not have this problem. Dont worry i wont give up on the lear its one of my favorite aircraft to fly.

49 minutes ago, embraercaptain said:

ok i dont use the default f-35 i am strictly a civilian flyer. So my default actually is the alabeo cessna 441 , parked at KACK. 

Using the F-35 as your default a/c has nothing to do with actually flying it. I don't fly the F-35 either, but have found it works better than some other default aircraft when it comes to initializing things, so I think it is worth giving it a try. As a test, just load it onto the runway and than switch to the Lear. If that should help, then just try starting up with the F-35 in the rotating window, and then switch to the Lear in the window before loading into an airport -- that's what works for me.

I use a program called Glaryutilities.com to clean registry and any errors that may occur after a uninstall or install .

If you are using the Glary utility after an install, try an install without following up with that utility.

Do  you think perhaps it could do with default gps 1000 soft key entries or just default autopilot entries . Does the lear use the default auto pilot or does it use parameters outside of  P3d  ?

I don't really know what you mean by AP 'parameters outside P3D'. The Lear AP makes use good use of the sim's AP Events and Avars, but there is AP code written by FSW as well to take advantage of the sim's AP.  I don't think the AP code changed in the last update to ver 4.3c. I don't know if you are making use of the G1000 softkeys to control the AP, but suggest you try using the mouse directly on the AP buttons in the VC just to see if it makes any difference.

If you are using any other 3rd party addons, like SimStarter, ChasePlane, etc, suggest disabling them all before starting the sim to see if the AP problem goes away. If it does, then add the addon's back in one-by-one to help identify where the conflict is.

As far as I know, no one else has reported the AP altitude capture problem you are having, so at this point I don't think it is a problem inherent to ver 4.3c of the Lear.

Al

Edited by ark