Sign in to follow this  
Guest ohdoc

FSX crashes when time or place is changed

Guest ohdoc

Aside from the fact that I am on my 3d install of FSX I think the game will be great once the bugs are worked out. I have seen in the forums that computer reboot has occured and CTD has occured, but mine problem is not so drastic. FSX closes down when I change the time or location, and daytime seems to be the worst. I really have no idea what is going on. I do not remember FS9 ever having any such problem.Any ideas?Tom

Bad ram module. Bad power supply. Bad cpu. Bad motherboard. Hardware problem. Or, if you overclock, turn off your overclock. Those are all possibilities.Since no one else has reported this problem, it's logical to look at a hardware problem on your machine.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2.5 ghz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (94.47), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest ohdoc

UpdateAfter the re-install of FSX all is well. I suspect something is happening when I try to copy my FS9 Aircraft files over into the FSX.I will try to go slow and see which file triggers this error.Thanks for the help.Tom

Guest beardsy

Tom, did you have to reinstall Windows or did you just reinstall FSX . I can't reinstall FSX after 2 uninstalls. David.:(

>Tom, did you have to reinstall Windows or did you just>reinstall FSX . I can't reinstall FSX after 2 uninstalls.>David.:( Microsoft says that after 2 installs, you have to call them for the 3rd and subsequent installs. You might try calling them, hopefully then you can activate FSX again... good luckRhettAMD 3700+ (@2.5 ghz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (94.47), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB