Sign in to follow this  
emanIA

Panel becomes unresponsive

Does anyone else have an issue with the panel becoming unresponsive?  it's happened to me a couple of times now where I'm flying along looking at the scenery and decide to zoom in on a guage to check something and I can no longer zoom in with the mouse wheel, click any buttons, move any knobs, anything.  I can interact with the ATC screen and right click and move my view around, I just can't interact with the panel or zoom in or out.  The default views are all available.  Means I can't change AP settings, altitude, heading, etc.  This has been in the C172 G1000.

Happened to my today when flying over NY and my pc struggled with the load. This was the first time for me as I normally fly VFR with GA over rural areas.

32 minutes ago, emanIA said:

Does anyone else have an issue with the panel becoming unresponsive?  it's happened to me a couple of times now where I'm flying along looking at the scenery and decide to zoom in on a guage to check something and I can no longer zoom in with the mouse wheel, click any buttons, move any knobs, anything.  I can interact with the ATC screen and right click and move my view around, I just can't interact with the panel or zoom in or out.  The default views are all available.  Means I can't change AP settings, altitude, heading, etc.  This has been in the C172 G1000.

me tooo...

Yep, I had the same issue, and as I kept clicking trying to get the G1000 to respond I got a crash to desktop.  

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

4 minutes ago, PuffeB said:

Happened to my today when flying over NY and my pc struggled with the load. This was the first time for me as I normally fly VFR with GA over rural areas.

That might have something to do with it. I was flying out of Miami Executive heading towards Nassau so was flying over the Miami cityscape and near MIA.

Just now, kerosene31 said:

Yep, I had the same issue, and as I kept clicking trying to get the G1000 to respond I got a crash to desktop.  

I finally just ended the flight. Lots of take offs, not many landings this way.

It happened to me once. I recycled view via "END" key, pressed middle mouse button several times and it snapped back 

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Came across a work around for this.  If you resize another window like the ATC or map then it starts responding again.

• Like 1

Happened to me too, it returned to normal itself after a while.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Yup, I had this too, only once. In the C172 steam gauge at the time. All gauges seems to freeze up during a flight out from Friday Harbour to Seattle. Happened shortly after takeoff. The rest of the sim was responsive but I could not interact with the cockpit using the mouse and gauges were not moving. ATC and VFR map etc all worked fine. I have buttons on one of my controllers to adjust heading and altitude select and that worked to move the heading bug. It then all came back to normal after about 5-10 minutes, only to happen a second time. On approach to Seattle it came back to normal again and stayed like that for the remainder of the flight.

It is some sort of bug.. I have not seen it happen again. Yet.

Edited by RaptyrOne

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

So weird. I never had this happen till today cruising around in the Icon.  It was severely annoying

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I can confirm that opening the ATC window, dragging it around and closing it again fixes this. Happened to me at the start of a long stream I was doing (Vienna to Cairo) that I'd spent an hour preparing for. So frustrating. Anyway, I googled it, found this answer on the official forums, and off we went. Bizarre!

• Like 2

spacer.png
filbertflies.comYouTube | Twitch

i7 13700k, GeForce RTX 3080Ti, 32GB RAM

That's a solution but i still don't know what's causing it. I have almost all of my controls on my HOTAS mapped as DirectX buttons because once you move the mouse out of MSFS and click on another window, like on a second monitor, you loose all keyboard input to MSFS, if it's coming from the keyboard or from a keyboard combo generated by a button on the HOTAS, there is no response from MSFS if it's not in focus. With DirectX buttons you can overcome this problem and still keep interacting with the sim even if's out of focus. But when the problem shows up, the DirectX buttons for the zoom don't work anymore. Other stuff from the HOTAS trown at the sim still works tough but zoom -/+ works no more and the mouse doesn't interact with anything.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR