Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

Absolutely gorgeous: FSDT's upcoming KORD

1 hour ago, skully said:

Brenda isn't wearing a mask, 

Totally unrealistic.

No buy.

Didn't she used to work at the McDonald's in Edwardsville? This sim has it all...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

Meanwhile, other developers are "carefully considering all their options" and "examining the new possibilities"

LOL and losing ground fast!!!

Chris Camp

Dang, Umberto delivers again. Bring it, hopefully I can for once complete a flight and enjoy this.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

3 hours ago, GSalden said:

Curious how performance will be once payware airliners like PMDG/FsLabs are being released + 100+ AI jetliner aircraft at/near the airport in bad weather ...

I don't even want to think about it, lol

Intel Core i7 8700k clocked to 4.6GHz, GTX1080Ti, 32GB DDR4 RAM, MSFS installed on NVMe drive, Windows 11, Dell 27" 60Hz Monitor + Dell 24" 60Hz Monitor. Resolution 1920x1080. Game Mode on, GPU scheduling enabled (Win11). MSFS settings: High-End for airlines, Ultra for GA.

3 hours ago, GSalden said:

Curious how performance will be once payware airliners like PMDG/FsLabs are being released + 100+ AI jetliner aircraft at/near the airport in bad weather ...

Depends if you want to compare like for like then you would have to use Orbx TE with LOD at max Autogen Veg and building both set to max, traffic for car on etc etc, set AS to draw clouds out to 250 miles, that's the only way P3D v5 get even close to MSFS looks wise, then see what FPS v5 is giving. Over cast to clear sky does not make much difference to my FPS in MSFS. But my PC cannot run the airliners nor in the state they are do I, but man what a fantastic time I am having with GA.

45 FPS(172 G1000) and with these setting it looks amazing. Even on my old PC.

My-Settings.jpg

Also you can have grass in MSFS not them straight lines that eat FPS that look OK from some angles, no we get real grass and its great fun to use it.

og20.jpg

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

OK SOLD 🙂 

It users 1.3 GB of VRAM more seems the only down side.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

We posted the same screenshot on our Facebook page, and the usual naysayers commented with things like "the default/premium screenshot has a wider angle, so the comparison is not fair" or "nobody uses 1080p, try an higher resolution".

So here's a link to a 5120x1440 3:9 version, so much for the "low resolution" or "viewing angle not wide enough"...

FSDT_KORD_5k.jpg

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

It users 1.3 GB of VRAM more seems the only down side.

Is to be expected. Default airports, even the Premium ones, use and re-use a lot of default textures, especially for ground vehicles, jetways, marking, stuff that goes over the roofs like A/C units/chimneys and all the background textures and markings, they only include some buildings that are really custom to that area, to make the airport recognizable, but lots of textures are shared worldwide, so they usually take less VRAM. Here basically everything is custom, even the most remote hangar, and every single ground marking or sign is also custom, with its own textures not used everywhere else, so it's normal it would use more VRAM.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 2

Don't get me wrong, I applaud and appreciate the work put into the detail, I just never understood the point of modelling the interior of the terminals. I usually turn that off (when the option is available like with FlyTampa)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Don't get me wrong, I applaud and appreciate the work put into the detail, I just never understood the point of modelling the interior of the terminals. I usually turn that off (when the option is available like with FlyTampa)

Actually, I think modelling the terminals is amazing and one of the things I am looking forward to the most in this addon's release. That might seem strange to some, but I love all these types of details. Its the next best thing to being there. And once VR comes, it will almost be like being there. 

Edited by steve310002
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, virtuali said:

We posted the same screenshot on our Facebook page, and the usual naysayers commented with things like "the default/premium screenshot has a wider angle, so the comparison is not fair" or "nobody uses 1080p, try an higher resolution".

So here's a link to a 5120x1440 3:9 version, so much for the "low resolution" or "viewing angle not wide enough"...

FSDT_KORD_5k.jpg

Any idea when the release date will be? This is the addon I have been looking forward to the most!

1 minute ago, Tuskin38 said:

There's no need for an option, especially one that would force you to exit from the sim and restart it.

In the P3D version of KORD, we used our custom collider system, which calculates a *precise* perimeter, exactly running over the terminal ground profile, which will load the detailed interior ONLY if you are in Avatar mode and ONLY if you are walking inside. If you are in the airplane, or the Avatar is not close enough, the interior object is not even loaded, it's just not there. We keep explaining this over and over, it's explained in the manual, and still people are thinking we are wasting their fps with "useless" stuff. Same for animated people, they are just not there if you are not close enough.

In the MSFS version, since we still can't use our software, we had to do something similar using LODs. While LODs are not as precise as our custom system ( they are a sphere of a certain size around an object ), they still work and automatically turn off the interior and other "not required" stuff like human characters when you are not close enough.

In addition to that, we used an ENTIRELY NEW method, which is 100% native to MSFS, and has been used in many AAA games like Forza Horizon or Spiderman, which is called Parallax Interior Mapping, and it's a very clever way to simulate interiors with NO EXTRA POLYGONS!! It's an optical illusion, but it works very effectively, and we used it at KORD in terminals other than C, which in the P3D4 version we modeled, now are faked, so we **reduced** the polygon count, while still getting almost the same effect.

Here's a video how it's done ( in Unity in this case ), the interiors don't exists, they are an optical illusion. And MSFS has a native Shader for that, and we are using it!

That is, before somebody might say "meh, they just ported the P3D version". Not really, we are already using native MSFS methods when this is helping us.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

Any idea when the release date will be? This is the addon I have been looking forward to the most!

The scenery is done, we are waiting for Microsoft to publish it on the MS Marketplace ( which paused for a week to do some maintenance ), and we are also doing the final tests on our own installer, so it should be only few days away, next week at most.

• Like 4