Sign in to follow this  
cchiozza

Track IR Not Working

I updated the track IR software and it shows MSFS2020 but nothing happens after loading the sim and then start TIR. The TIR software shows movement so issue.

Chris Chiozza

12 minutes ago, cchiozza said:

after loading the sim and then start TIR

TIR needs to be running before sim has loaded.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, wthomas33065 said:

I gotta dig that out of my closet.   Gawd I hate wearing a ballcap while flying.....(lol)  (first world problems eh?)

I have the one that attaches to headphones, so just have to wear headphones while flying. Much more natural.

• Like 1

James

Works flawless here, regardless if started before or after the sim.. Be sure to update your game profile within the TIR software (upper right corner).

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team

9 hours ago, MatzeH84 said:

Works flawless here, regardless if started before or after the sim.. Be sure to update your game profile within the TIR software (upper right corner).

Hi Michael, how did you manage to start TrackIR after loading MSFS? In my case it only works if I start TrackIR before starting the sim. Otherwise it will not be recognized.

Edited by Cargostorm

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Also ensure you've used the TrackIR game updates. 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

5 hours ago, Cargostorm said:

Hi Michael, how did you manage to start TrackIR after loading MSFS? In my case it only works if I start TrackIR before starting the sim. Otherwise it will not be recognized.

Same here, and sometimes I lost trackir when exiting a flight to main menu and reentering the sim. Have to figure why.

But as always, the best stuff to enjoy realism, now it would be perfect with some realism enhacer like XP Realistic, I mean more active environment sounds and effects. I'm sure they will come

19 hours ago, wthomas33065 said:

I gotta dig that out of my closet.   Gawd I hate wearing a ballcap while flying.....(lol)  (first world problems eh?)

You might look into this...

https://www.msfsaddons.org/freeware/iphone-trackir

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

6 hours ago, Cargostorm said:

Double-click on the icon. 😉

I have set track IR to always run in admin mode, otherwise there is nothing I can think of. I had the same problem back when I still had FSX, but since P3Dv4 I could start it anytime and it worked.

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team

6 hours ago, Cargostorm said:

I have started the sim a few times now where I forgot to start Track IR first. I run the sim in full screen mode. All I do is press ALT + TAB on keyboard and select any other window that is not the sim and click the Windows Start button. I have Track IR icon on the Start Menu. Just click it to start Track IR and then you can ALT + TAB back to the sim (although I find that it goes back by itself). Once in the Sim, Track IR is up and working perfectly. I have both the 'baseball cap' sensor gadget and the track clip with the three lights. I prefer the cap though and use only that - no wires and I don't have to wear a headset all the time.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

21 hours ago, wthomas33065 said:

I have the TIR 5.0 clipped to a MPOW headset for multiplayer comms in FS-20 and DCS. However, the wire drove me nuts so I bought a wireless TIR. Grass Monkey Puck IR 

Comes with everything; camera, headband, IR and Velcro and for 1/2 the price of the TIR 5.0. In my case, since the MPOW is also wireless I merely placed the included

Velcro on the headset and voila'. If you have/use headphones place a Velcro square on that and you're good to go.

Works great and I no longer feel like I'm on a leash.

Edited by Sticks

I made a DIY track ir with a ps3 eye camera, some IR leds and a clip that I attach to my headphones via a special kind of velcro that makes it pefectly stable. I'm amazed at how well it works with opentrack, not for what it costs but how well it works in general.
20€ of material and an hour of work.

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster