Sign in to follow this  
rudder

fsx/sli

I to have run Into trouble with fsx and Sli,If i run fsx in single mode my comp locks up, If i run it in sli mode it is boarder line. If i run it in sli mode I lose two of my monitors. If i read my book on my Mother board, I either run It with one video card, or the Sli setup.I would like to do away with the sli part and install three video cards like my old computer.Your comments please. Asus A8n-sli Nf4 sli 2 pci 2, xfx 6600 gt 128mb pci-e Amd athlon 64 3500+cpu 939 pin 2 gb,pc3200 ddr ram.

Hello,I can only give you my experience here -I have an AMD 64 3500+, 1 gig of ram and two Nvidia 6800's in sli mode. Just updated drivers to most current. I use it for both FSX and FS9.1. I also run two more computers on a small network. Instead of multiple displays on one computer, I chose to use MAXIVISTA for the other displays. It is a TCP/IP interface to the other computers for the displays. They can run in either "continued" dislay for my "server" computer for UNDOCKED windows (runs the FSX or FS9) or in slave mode where I can control the other computer/keyboard from the server.Here I can run weather and mapping software.I have a lot of addons (ASX,RC4, Project Magenta, GOFLIGHT,etc). I find that at least one extra computer (one for the addons running with WIDEFS) gives my main computer only the sim and display to handle. Right now I get 20 FPS (set at 20) in FS9 and 19 in FSX (set at 20) except at busy airports where I get about 10-11). My goal is to keep FPS at 10 or higher so I get no flicker.I tried the two display cards with multiple displays on my "server" and they were OK but I need the processing power of at least one more computer.I do get a few "glitches" with the MAxivista and FS (usually on termination of the FS program but it still works fine for me.Hope I have helped a little,Cheers,Ron SagelNEAR KCHS

Thanks for your reply,I had updated my drivers to 82.12 from 78.01, I rolled it back to 78.01 and fsx seems to run ok, something like 14 fps in general.I will play with the scenery later and see what happens. thanks.

Guest picstr

Hey Rudder, try a program called ultramon it might be pretty usefull.Regards, Tim