Sign in to follow this  
jgoggi

FSLabs A320: no landing lights splash on arrival

Hi,
I have an issue with the FSLabs A320 that the developers attribute to P3D not dealing correctly with dynamic lights.

Situation: A320 on the runway, at night, with landing lights ON.
I takeoff, fly at a certain altitude and then land. When I land, the landing lights DON'T ILLUMINATE THE GROUND. This happens both in the VC and outside: if I go outside, I se the lamps turned on under the wings, but no splash on the ground! If I turn the lights OFF then ON again, they again illuminate the runway.

You can reproduce this quickly: start on the runway with the landing lights on, then slew up to say 5000-6000 ft, turn the lights off, then on again, then slew down to the ground. The runway won't be illuminated.
Strangely, if you climb only up to around 1000 ft, they still work, but if you climb higher, they won't work when you go back to the runway.

This is an important issue, because this way you can't land at night, unless you manually switch the landing lights off then on when on final, below 1000 ft (but that sucks)!

Any solution?

I have P3D v4.5 HF3.

I should stress that I tried both with default airplanes and with the PMDG 747 and the lights work perfectly! So is this really a P3D issue?
Thank you,

James Goggi

Thank you for replying, but of course the dynamic lighting is enabled, otherwise I would not see the lights on the ground at departure...

James Goggi

23 minutes ago, jgoggi said:

Thank you for replying, but of course the dynamic lighting is enabled, otherwise I would not see the lights on the ground at departure...

Silly question.. spotlights installed.  but im thinking thats only the panel / vc etc etc

14ppkc-6.png

Spotlights installed. It's not only me, it happens with everybody! Try with the test above: slew up to 6000 ft with landing lights on, then switch them off then on, then slew back to the ground. You will see no splash lights on the ground! It's definitely an issue with the A320, even if the developers keep saying it depends on P3D.. It's very annoying, because when you land at night, the runway is not illuminated! 

Edited by jgoggi

James Goggi

James,

I don't know if i can give you a concrete solution...I actually do very little night flying/landings.

I had read somewhere that default airports, third party airports and third party airports developed specifically for PBR all have different night time lighting characteristics. I've never tested this myself.

I'm not sure what your scenery library looks like, but, have you tried a night landing in the FSLabs Airbus under those three conditions? (Maybe also comparing the PMDG Aircraft under those same conditions?)

It may help to prove/disprove whether its a FSLabs or Lockheed Martin issue.

Rob

James what makes you think slewing around is normal. You got banned from FSL forums you got kicked of FSL 320x Facebook groups for a time because all you do is find odd and strange way it break stuff then post about them, now your here doing the same.

As "everybody" as told you, you need professional help. Just how many people and times do you need to be told?

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Disregard

Edited by jgoggi

James Goggi

12 minutes ago, rmeier said:

James,

I don't know if i can give you a concrete solution...I actually do very little night flying/landings.

I had read somewhere that default airports, third party airports and third party airports developed specifically for PBR all have different night time lighting characteristics. I've never tested this myself.

I'm not sure what your scenery library looks like, but, have you tried a night landing in the FSLabs Airbus under those three conditions? (Maybe also comparing the PMDG Aircraft under those same conditions?)

It may help to prove/disprove whether its a FSLabs or Lockheed Martin issue.

Rob

Thank you, Rob. I have tried in small default airports on lost islands, and unfortunately the result is the same...

James Goggi

12 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

James what makes you think slewing around is normal. You got banned from FSL forums you got kicked of FSL 320x Facebook groups for a time because all you do is find odd and strange way it break stuff then post about them, now your here doing the same.

As "everybody" as told you, you need professional help. Just how many people and times do you need to be told?

David,

This is a typical reply that shows the world how you all that criticize me, do that without even understanding what I say...

I just said that the slewing test is to avoid wasting time taking off, climbing, descending and landing.... The result is howerver EXACTLY THE SAME, as it is obvious it should be! So please don't stick to useless and stupid pretexts just to go against me... 

Further, looks like, if I find a bug, everybody prefers to bash me and keep the bug, instead of stressing it to the developers!

"Odd and strange way to break stuff"... Incredible and absurd! I just want to have the landing lights illuminating the ground at night, like it happens in real life!! Otherwise I can't even land! What odd and strange request is this??????

Edited by jgoggi

James Goggi

What ever James, what ever... your on one of your benders again for the countless time......

Take this is FSL forum...O wait.....

BTW like many others have said countless times you need help and I truly hope one day you do find it.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

15 minutes ago, jgoggi said:

David,

This is a typical reply that shows the world how you all that criticize me, do that without even understanding what I say...

I just said that the slewing test is to avoid wasting time taking off, climbing, descending and landing.... The result is howerver EXACTLY THE SAME, as it is obvious it should be! So please don't stick to useless and stupid pretexts just to go against me... 

Further, looks like, if I find a bug, everybody prefers to bash me and keep the bug, instead of stressing it to the developers!

"Odd and strange way to break stuff"... Incredible and absurd! I just want to have the landing lights illuminating the ground at night, like it happens in real life!! Otherwise I can't even land! What odd and strange request is this??????

James. One question I do have.

Did you open a ticket and / or Post on FSLABS Site? Because THAT is the ONLY proper way to go.

Posting it here CAN only be informative for others. As you seem to know that EVERYBODY has this issue (I quotet you here) even THAT is useless.

So did you post it at FSLABS and opened a ticket with a clear reproducable explanation? 

Regards Marcus

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Hi Marcus,

Yes, I did, but they simply replied that it's a P3D bug. Upon my insisting (the issue does not occur with the PMDG 747, that has dynamic lights as well), they said that I will no longer get support because of my attitude... Is the wrong attitude mine or theirs?

James Goggi

8 minutes ago, jgoggi said:

Hi Marcus,

Yes, I did, but they simply replied that it's a P3D bug. Upon my insisting (the issue does not occur with the PMDG 747, that has dynamic lights as well), they said that I will no longer get support because of my attitude... Is the wrong attitude mine or theirs?

ok. Well. I will not give you an answer on that question because it is worthless to do so. 

You should test Dynlights on a clean P3D installation without any addons and report about your findings at LM or FSLabs. 

I don't have this issue with normal flights and without your way of slew mode so it seems to be at your site in my opinion because I assume we both have the same software installed regarding P3D and FSLabs A320. As the software is the same it simply MUST be your setup. 

These are very simple rules and can not be hard to understand.

There are MANY variables which can influence your setup.

Do you have PMDG 777 installed in P3DV5?

Marcus

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 minute ago, mpo910 said:

ok. Well. I will not give you an answer on that question because it is worthless to do so. 

You should test Dynlights on a clean P3D installation without any addons and report about your findings at LM or FSLabs. 

I don't have this issue so it seems to be at your site in my opinion because I assume we both have the same software installed regarding P3D and FSLabs A320. As the software is the same it simply MUST be your setup. 

These are very simple rules and can not be hard to understand.

There are MANY variables which can influence your setup.

Do you have PMDG 777 installed in P3DV5?

Marcus

Marcus, I have P3D v4.5 HF3. Did you test the A320 upon landing? Not at takeoff, but after climbing and then landing...

Anyway at FSLabs they are aware of the issue, so it can't be only me...

James Goggi